H.M.S. Victory by Caldercraft - Build Log

Well, it took 9 days of a little work here, a little work there. Usually about 3 hours at a time after spending time down at the marina.

I am not sure one way or another if it's ok. I did alter the runs a few times to create some areas where I am going to need stealer plates.

Also, I did attempt to add final cut pieces and after the fact, I am not happy. I used a regular pair of scissors to cut the plates and that was fine, but it does warp the plate. After a first attempt, I removed a lot of the little wedges and I'm going to wait till I'm done and circle back around.

I can see some areas where the CA glue is visible. Once I'm done, I'll see if Q-tips and acetone can help remove that. I've seen other builds where any attempt to work at the finished plating is worse.

Hopefully, filling in the wedges goes well! So on to the port side and I'll see you soon!!!!

Oh, I have been working on building the cannons. I have been cutting them out about six at a time and building the bases....just something to keep my sanity.

View attachment 442737View attachment 442738View attachment 442739View attachment 442740View attachment 442741View attachment 442742

View attachment 442743View attachment 442744
Good afternoon. Looking really good. It is a fine thing about the Victory. There are so many aspects so when bored with one you jump to another…..I got the nickname Ricochet Rabbit when I built mine. The coppering is coming out brilliantly- nice! Cheers Grant

ThumbsupHello.. I am very interested in looking at your build magazines and the magazines of other modellers. Very nice photos. Please don't stop for long. Your Victory is magnificent... I'm waiting with bated breath for the sails and rigging!Thumbsup

Back