H.M.S. Victory - Caldercraft - Unboxing

Recently JohnB163 had some questions about people's experience with ZHL models (which are quality productions), specifically the H.M.S. Victory. I happen to have the Caldercraft version of the ship in dry dock (storage closet). If I had not gotten it as a gift, I may have picked up ZHL's offering. Interestingly, both ZHL's and Caldercraft's version are the same scale and dimensions. As I'm still in mid-project with Occre's Satisima Trinidad, it will be about a year before she comes out of dry dock. I did offer to unbox her. About the 10th time I've done so to look at it. I'm sure no one here as ever done that before, ha ha.

Anyway, I will apologize in advance for the quality of the images as photography is another skill I'm working on. I hope it gives John and everyone an idea of Caldercraft's offering.
IMG_0196.JPG Cover w Dimensions.png IMG_0200.JPG IMG_0206.JPG

The documentation is broken into 3 manuals, 1of3 Hull & Structure, 2of3 Masts & Rigging, 3of3 Parts List & Identification.IMG_0208.JPG

I'm only showing examples of some of the illustrations and instructions as to not hoard SoS website storage resources. The manuals are very well organized with illustrations where concepts or construction might otherwise be difficult or confusing.
IMG_0209.JPGIMG_0210.JPGIMG_0211.JPGIMG_0212.JPG

IMG_0213.JPGIMG_0215.JPGIMG_0214.JPGIMG_0216.JPG

Now to lumber and other materials.

IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPGIMG_0224.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0228.JPG
IMG_0229.JPG
Continued...

Attachments

• IMG_0201.JPG
    IMG_0201.JPG
    203.6 KB · Views: 99
Continued.... (hoping that posting back to back do to image limitations is not in violation of SoS rules. I tried to find/learn the correct posting protocols.)

Once again, I'm not posting images of EVERY piece of lumber (not every bulkhead piece is shown, etc.) Just giving a sense of what is in the box, where it unique or specific.

The fittings are very good quality. All of the fittings are sealed for you. So you can easily transfer them into your own organization boxes however you wish. Blocks are smooth and well defined. Cannon are all brass (which I prefer to "age" rather than paint). They are individually packaged within the over all sealed gun package buy gun size. The copper plates are sealed into Port and Starboard bags as their rivet patterns are specific to the layouts. A great attention to detail.

IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0236.JPG IMG_0237.JPG

The photo-etched brass pieces were packaged well, between two heavy pieces of construction board and sealed. The packaging hinders the photo quality somewhat, but I do not like to touch them with my bare hands and get oil on them. That way I don't have to clean them later, lazy or efficient, you can choose, ha ha.
IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0245.JPG
I'm not showing every plan plate (there are 21). When I laid them out on the floor, being in a 1to1 scale, you really get a sense of the size of this model. It will require significant space, especially when you get to the stage where you need to work around it, upper structures, rigging, etc. It's massive.

IMG_0247.JPG IMG_0248.JPG IMG_0250.JPG IMG_0252.JPG IMG_0253.JPG IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0256.JPG
IMG_0249.JPGIMG_0251.JPGIMG_0255.JPG

Anyway, I hope this gives everyone a sense of Caldercraft's version of the H.M.S. Victory model offering. If anyone has any specific questions about her, feel free to send me a PM and I can provide you with whatever it is you need know. I am looking forward to starting the project and will definitely post a build log for it. I expect once I finish Occre's ST I'll be straight onto her.

Cheers!

I have one and it is truly a well documented and impressive kit. Quality of the parts are top notch. If you are thinking of buying one, then go ahead and treat yourself. You will not be sorry.

Recently JohnB163 had some questions about people's experience with ZHL models (which are quality productions), specifically the H.M.S. Victory. I happen to have the Caldercraft version of the ship in dry dock (storage closet). If I had not gotten it as a gift, I may have picked up ZHL's offering. Interestingly, both ZHL's and Caldercraft's version are the same scale and dimensions. As I'm still in mid-project with Occre's Satisima Trinidad, it will be about a year before she comes out of dry dock. I did offer to unbox her. About the 10th time I've done so to look at it. I'm sure no one here as ever done that before, ha ha.

Anyway, I will apologize in advance for the quality of the images as photography is another skill I'm working on. I hope it gives John and everyone an idea of Caldercraft's offering.
View attachment 125760 View attachment 125759 View attachment 125761 View attachment 125764

The documentation is broken into 3 manuals, 1of3 Hull & Structure, 2of3 Masts & Rigging, 3of3 Parts List & Identification.View attachment 125763

I'm only showing examples of some of the illustrations and instructions as to not hoard SoS website storage resources. The manuals are very well organized with illustrations where concepts or construction might otherwise be difficult or confusing.
View attachment 125765View attachment 125766View attachment 125767View attachment 125768

View attachment 125769View attachment 125771View attachment 125770View attachment 125772

Now to lumber and other materials.

View attachment 125773 View attachment 125774 View attachment 125775 View attachment 125776

View attachment 125777View attachment 125778 View attachment 125780 View attachment 125782
View attachment 125783
Continued...
Hallo @Hoss6262
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back