HIGH HOPES, WILD MEN AND THE DEVIL’S JAW - Willem Barentsz Kolderstok 1:50

Hello Dear Friends

Just in case you think everything is always plain sailing in my shipyard, let me share this with you. I felt like doing something relaxing tonight and thought that the mast top for the foremast would just be the number. I carefully cut out the laser-cut parts from their sheeting and started assembling. A little bit too much pressure on the floor part to get it to fit snugly into the notches of the uprights and ExplosionExclamation-Mark

微信图片_20220609194344.jpg
Those who know me well enough, will know that those parts are going straight into the dustbin.

I think that you are going to build your own mast topRedface:)
Good luck my friend, and have fun with it
That was not the idea my friend. I really like the way that Hans has done this mast top, but I messed it up - no excuses. Now I will have just have to wait for WB #2 to arrive and then borrow the relevant parts from that while I place another order with Hans. However, I really don't like doing that or having certain unfinished parts.

@Pathfinder65 But if I order a jar like that from the Admiral, does it come filled first?
I don't know if you ordered one how it would be filled but I'm sure your Admiral would think of something to place in it. This one usually is full of Snicker Doodles or Oatmeal Raisin cookies. It is also over 70 years old, so I can't say what the original contents were.

All dry-fit, of course, but the crosstrees have been checked for fitment, and the bowsprit has also been tapered - from 5.5mm where it goes into the deck fitting to 4mm at the end. Now it has to receive its clamps and "scheerhout" at the front end.

微信图片_20220610000233.jpg

Back