HMAV BOUNTY - A “face lift “

So far Justin is in trouble ROTF - R0.00.
Hopefully it’s not a zero-sum game …….. just to hold the zero.
Beakhead- upper and lower head rail, cheeks and head timbers. The rails and timbers are cut to 2mmx1.5mm.
A very nice scratch build part, Grant, that will always be prominently visible.
Regards, Peter

Fantastic Grant! Are you just freewheeling those rails? I wouldn't even know where to begin...
Good morning Paul. Thank you kindly. More like heading down a mountain pass with no brakes… ROTF. An attempt was made to get them as close to the plans I downloaded. An “educated guess” to scale and plank bend. My logic was - if I bent the planks in an exact mirror image for each side and the lengths where the same it should all come together good…..pretty much heading down that mountain pass;). I had to used CA glue. I got lucky and the structure came out stronger and better than I expected. Cheers Grant

Hopefully it’s not a zero-sum game …….. just to hold the zero.
Good morning Peter. It has become one……I have become a little determined to win this challenge. I know certain things, E.g dowels for masts and yards, brass sheets and wire will have to be bought. I have all the original kit blocks from my Victory and Xebec and plenty rope. Deadeyes will also be a problem however I am will attempt to make these.
A very nice scratch build part, Grant, that will always be prominently visible
Thank you very much Peter. It came out pretty good and when you view it as part of the whole ships I am very happy.
Cheers Grant

Good morning.
To all my Dutch (except for @Peter Voogt ;)) and French friends out there, my Condolences…..Spain and England are through to the Euro finals. Dare I say it - I am an England fan. Cheers Grant
I am a German, so it sounds better, that we lost against the Champion.....

Good morning.

The base for the fashion piece on the taffrail for the quarter deck cabins with supporting knees.
BBE8159B-CA0E-4A9F-A7CA-C5E0C4928CA0.jpegFA22A79D-4A3E-4FC7-9A36-74F9C42FD540.jpeg

I cut these out of the walnut ply I made and frame it with veneer which is raised by 0.5mm. I will attempt to make 3D decorations which will fit into this.

Captains entrance to cabin and the cover for the tiller and rudder.
137A5884-E4A3-4A0F-85EB-E5D47904CBCD.jpeg5468F63B-04F0-439F-A939-DFCFB9842512.jpegD0029899-0F67-4B55-A866-51D739D69DF2.jpeg
I struggle with bending 0.5mm wire for the eyelets and rings especially getting them small enough for some scale representation.

…..the face lift continues…
Cheers Grant

25165267-5546-404C-AF27-0E3639436250.jpeg

Good morning.

The base for the fashion piece on the taffrail for the quarter deck cabins with supporting knees.
View attachment 459703View attachment 459704

I cut these out of the walnut ply I made and frame it with veneer which is raised by 0.5mm. I will attempt to make 3D decorations which will fit into this.

Captains entrance to cabin and the cover for the tiller and rudder.
View attachment 459699View attachment 459700View attachment 459701
I struggle with bending 0.5mm wire for the eyelets and rings especially getting them small enough for some scale representation.

…..the face lift continues…
Cheers Grant

View attachment 459702
Nicely detailed work, Grant.
Regards, Peter

I like how you work, and the results of your meticulous job, Grant!!
very accurate work - very good
Thank you kindly gentlemen. I did have 3 go’s at the fashion/decoration base. My scratch building is just not up to scratch ROTF
Awesome rebuild Grant. No way is this all free...
Good evening Paul. Thank you very much. I’m not sure if you mean free as in no cost or freewheeling along:D. Pretty much both at this stage.ROTF. My biggest struggle is getting the scale correct. I use the old parts I ripped off as a guide but I have found them, when calculating against the plans I downloaded, to be oversized. I’m no scratch builder……yet, however I am happy how this is going so far. I am learning plenty. Cheers Grant

Thank you kindly gentlemen. I did have 3 go’s at the fashion/decoration base. My scratch building is just not up to scratch ROTF

Good evening Paul. Thank you very much. I’m not sure if you mean free as in no cost or freewheeling along:D. Pretty much both at this stage.ROTF. My biggest struggle is getting the scale correct. I use the old parts I ripped off as a guide but I have found them, when calculating against the plans I downloaded, to be oversized. I’m no scratch builder……yet, however I am happy how this is going so far. I am learning plenty. Cheers Grant
I meant...you are going to lose your bet with your son ROTF.

Back