HMS Agamemnon by Caldercraft

Well here I go , I've been lurking in the corridors quietly watching other members build logs which showcase the amazing skill you all have.
I have built one ship before and that is the Santisima Trinidad from Occre.
I recently bought the Caldercraft kit of the HMS Agamemnon and its a whole different ballgame to the Occre kit.
I have been studying the instructions and numerous plans that come with the kit and to be truthful I am little overwhelmed and wondering what I have got myself into as the instructions appear a little more vague than the Occre ones.
So to push myself a little I've decided to create a build log so people can point out where I'm going right or wrong.
I'm just about to start cutting the frames out. This build will be a long process as I am pretty slow and check everything a dozen times before I actually do anything
So we shall all see how I go View attachment 350639

Definitely frustrating. The bulkheads on the Mirage were not lasercut and there was some filing that I had to do to all the bulkheads, but those two that I mentioned were the only ones that were off. Maybe I should have made them fit by cutting the slots, but coincidentally exchanging them worked...

Last edited:
I have decided to purchase this kit for I too am a meticulous and slow builder. At 74 a little shaky and eyes not what they used to be but your initiative excites me and the Argamennon (sorry sp) intrigues me
I just tried to order but out of stock so I will learn from your
initiatives but will be behind but will communicate if you would allow

Stan from VT USA

I have decided to purchase this kit for I too am a meticulous and slow builder. At 74 a little shaky and eyes not what they used to be but your initiative excites me and the Argamennon (sorry sp) intrigues me
I just tried to order but out of stock so I will learn from your
initiatives but will be behind but will communicate if you would allow

Stan from VT USA
Postage could be excessive but there is a store in sydney Australia called rchobbies which have the Agamemnon in stock. That's where I got mine. Or there is one left on ebay

Last edited:
Hello, Greg ! Very good ship and kit. I built one just like it a few years ago, enjoy your workView attachment 351378View attachment 351379View attachment 351380
A great model
Please be so kind to show us more of this model within a new topic?!?

and how is your work on the Unité going? Maybe you could update your interesting building log

A great model

and how is your work on the Unité going? Maybe you could update your interesting building
Sorry didn't realise it was posted in wrong spot. Spent the last hour trying to work out where build logs are supposed to go with no luck so have decided not to go ahead with one.

Last edited:
That took a bit of effort , not only did all the slots in the keel and the bulkheads have to be fixed but the keel itself was twisted which took a while to figure out how to fix.
Next up will fit the lower gun deck and cannon supports. 20230120_195412.jpg20230120_195404.jpg20230120_195347.jpg20230120_195421.jpg

Last edited:
That took a bit of effort , not only did all the slots in the keel and the bulkheads have to be fixed but the keel itself was twisted which took a while to figure out how to fix.
Next up will fit the lower gun deck and cannon supports. Majority will be painted black but plan on planking a portion down the middle as you will be able to see it looking down the stairs wells from the upper deck.View attachment 352481View attachment 352482View attachment 352483View attachment 352484
Good morning Greg. All looking great. Funny how so many kits the keel is warp or twisted. I had same problem with my Mantua Victory.Thought it was just the kit- was very old. Now my OcCre Cazador is the same and Your Caldercraft. Anyway makes it exciting. Cheers Grant

Good morning Greg. All looking great. Funny how so many kits the keel is warp or twisted. I had same problem with my Mantua Victory.Thought it was just the kit- was very old. Now my OcCre Cazador is the same and Your Caldercraft. Anyway makes it exciting. Cheers Grant
Me too I am warped and twisted. lol. I had the same problem with the mirage, and this happened after I had put the hull together. I am starting to wonder if it's the wood glue that is doing that.

Me too I am warped and twisted. lol. I had the same problem with the mirage, and this happened after I had put the hull together. I am starting to wonder if it's the wood glue that is doing that.
well i purchased a building slip that is supposed to keep everything square and straight. I guess we'll see in a couple of years if it works when I get to use it on the Sphinx.

Thanks Grant , exciting is one word for it lol
I have had a couple of kits with warped keels now. Haven't had much luck with this kit so far , hopefully that's the worst of it out of the way

A great model

and how is your work on the Unité going? Maybe you could update your interesting building log
Hello Uwek ! Thanks for the invite for the Complete Models, I'll send it. L'Únite is in progress, I'm organizing the new photos for the Forum.

Lower gun deck in place. Instructions said , push down gently . It actually takes the combined weight of 3 elephant's to get it into place but made it eventually. Also the Canon supports in place and painted.

20230126_120908.jpg

20230126_120918.jpg

Back