Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert 1777 1:48 Plank on frame by Trident Models

Hello, everyone, we haven't updated the development progress for a long time. When we produce metal parts, we find that one part has been unable to meet our requirements. This problem will be solved in the next few days. We tested a blackening agent for zinc alloy. Here we share it with you. It consists of three parts, 1. Surface activation (I personally think low concentration hydrochloric acid) 2. Blackening agent (I don't know what ingredients) 3. Surface isolator (similar to varnish), because the liquid can't be mailed, I think you can buy similar products locally. The development is expected to be completed in the next week. Thank you again for your attention.

1.jpg2.jpg3.png

Because the parts are too small and the rate of good products is not high, today we can finally solve the problem of this part.

Hallo again,
good idea to produce the iron rings of the elm tree pumps in white metal - but I think you should reconsider this idea once more.
The wooden parts of the elm-tree pumps were fixed and pressed together with iron straps and not with rings with a circular outside form.
So the outside form of these parts should have also an octagon form.......

Take a look at this video showing the pumps of the Hermione frigate

Hallo again,
good idea to produce the iron rings of the elm tree pumps in white metal - but I think you should reconsider this idea once more.
The wooden parts of the elm-tree pumps were fixed and pressed together with iron straps and not with rings with a circular outside form.

I know what you mean. Do you have any pictures to refer to? I'll try them tomorrow.

Hallo again,

YouTube in China can't link properly. Could you give me some reference photos? Thank you very much.

In the meantime I found some photos of the pump, with better quality:
hjVlvFOkL4eKvyWgTAtVyPhPDKQ@550x825.jpg

and two more here:

In the meantime I found some photos of the pump, with better quality:
View attachment 107081

and two more here:

The rate of finished products of the improved parts is very low. We'll try it again tomorrow.

6.jpg7.jpg

Back