HMS ALERT 1777 cutter POF by shota70 [COMPLETED BUILD]

hi friend's
Today I had some time to work on the keelson.The keelson consists of 3 large timber pieces joined together with scarphs and an additional knee at the stern. I decided to glue these together outside the ship as I use black pva for these joints.
20220318_154942.jpg20220318_222413.jpg
Next I pre-drilled the holes for the nails that would connect the killson to the keel. The nails (0.8 millimeters in diameter) were blackened and cut to the required length.
20220318_225247.jpg
20220318_222404.jpg20220318_222533.jpg
Then I used the jewelers cup burr I transformed the wire into a countersunk round bolthead. I learned the method from our friend Maarten, I waited about two weeks for the delivery of jewelers cup burr to arrive.
The work is in progress and is being 20220318_222616.jpg20220318_222601.jpg
20220318_232053.jpg20220318_233754.jpg20220318_235913.jpg20220318_235924.jpg20220319_001155.jpg
carried out off the ship. First I made the hole for the nail and then the socket of the cup. In the experiment I did it came out pretty good. I will let you be impressed.
Wishing us all a pleasant and enjoyable weekend

hi friend's
Today I had some time to work on the keelson.The keelson consists of 3 large timber pieces joined together with scarphs and an additional knee at the stern. I decided to glue these together outside the ship as I use black pva for these joints.
View attachment 296945View attachment 296946
Next I pre-drilled the holes for the nails that would connect the killson to the keel. The nails (0.8 millimeters in diameter) were blackened and cut to the required length.
View attachment 296952
View attachment 296947View attachment 296948
Then I used the jewelers cup burr I transformed the wire into a countersunk round bolthead. I learned the method from our friend Maarten, I waited about two weeks for the delivery of jewelers cup burr to arrive.
The work is in progress and is being View attachment 296949View attachment 296950
View attachment 296953View attachment 296954View attachment 296955View attachment 296957View attachment 296958
carried out off the ship. First I made the hole for the nail and then the socket of the cup. In the experiment I did it came out pretty good. I will let you be impressed.
Nice work on the keelson, Shota! Thumbsup

hi friend's
View attachment 296952
The work is in progress and is being View attachment 296949View attachment 296950
View attachment 296953View attachment 296954View attachment 296955View attachment 296957View attachment 296958
The same experience as you have, Shota. The tiny details give you the extra pleasure in the building proces.
Regards, Peter

hi friend's
View attachment 296952

WOW Shota really great job. Am thrilled.

WOW Shota really great job. Am thrilled.
The same experience as you have, Shota. The tiny details give you the extra pleasure in the building proces.
Regards, Peter
I'm so glad that I'm blessed with Such friends and colleagues for the hobby and passion to creativity, enjoyment of the creative process of models in general and historical ships in particular.
Glad to be a part of such a wonderful group, thank you so much friends for having the privilege of being a part.:):DBeer

My friend you are doing so brilliantly on the Alert, I think you should reconsider selling the Patrick Henry and build that next!

Dear Heinrich
As you and dear friends from the fields know the feeling that drives us in this special hobby, the passion and the feeling that it is the right thing for us. This feeling was formed in me towards the HMS Blandford 1720 - 20 Gun 6th rate Frigate Modelship Dockyard Kit. I have learned in life that I have nothing to lose and I must try and make efforts to send and fulfill dreams and that only he who dares wins. I'm an optimistic guy by nature:D:cool:

Dear Heinrich
As you and dear friends from the fields know the feeling that drives us in this special hobby, the passion and the feeling that it is the right thing for us. This feeling was formed in me towards the HMS Blandford 1720 - 20 Gun 6th rate Frigate Modelship Dockyard Kit. I have learned in life that I have nothing to lose and I must try and make efforts to send and fulfill dreams and that only he who dares wins. I'm an optimistic guy by nature:D:cool:
I understand my friend. If a ship calls your name, you have to answer! :)

hi friend's
View attachment 296952
Hi Shota,
I am impressed with the results you have achieved with the cup burr and nails. May I ask you what the dimension(s) of the cup burr should be and in your experience what is the longivity of each cutter, i.e. how many nails can one cut with each tool?
Many thanks,
Trevor.

Hi Shota,
I am impressed with the results you have achieved with the cup burr and nails. May I ask you what the dimension(s) of the cup burr should be and in your experience what is the longivity of each cutter, i.e. how many nails can one cut with each tool?
Many thanks,
Trevor.
Dear Trevor
‏The thickness of the brass wire was 0.7 millimeters and the cup was 0.9 millimeters.
I have used one drill / cutter for 80 nails so far and everything worked well and I did not recognize any signs of abrasion and it seems to me that it will work for a while longer.
Recommend to note that no load was created by pressing, I worked with the ה mf70 של proxxon.
good luck, Shota

Back