Hms Alert by Maarten [COMPLETED BUILD]

The story of HMS Alert.

After a long voyage my Alert anchored in shallow water.
20230226_124546.jpg

Before anchoring they sounded the depth.
20230219_172727.jpg

While entering the port the crew gave a salute with one of the guns which now can be cleaned after firing the shot.
20230225_152713.jpg

A second gun is ready to be fired for a salute.
20230225_152720.jpg

The other guns are stowed and their barrels plugged.
20230226_124859.jpg

To celebrate their return the cookmade a fine stew for the crew and roasted a pig for the officers.
20230226_124603.jpg

All well the Alert arrived in its home port on top of my fire place.
20230226_130949.jpg

Maarten,

You level of ingenuity and craftsmanship are such a delight to witness. The result in this case is a one-of-a-kind Alert that can now occupy the place of pride on your mantle. Thank you for inspiring those of us who operate in your wake.
Thx Paul for your comments and support, much appreciated.
PS you can allways cut your Kingfisher in two or pour it in epoxy, you can even do both :).

Congratulations with the finishing of this great model, Maarten. With the halfway sawing, it was the inspiration for me to saw my BN also. Both sawn in half but still 2 very different looks. And I thing it was also the inspiration for Uwe. Your epoxy, which is also the stand for the ship, is a great ad to this model. And the incidental air bubbles around the anchor, if you wanted to plan for that...... GREAT!
Regards, Peter

That is fantastic!

I know the air bubbles around the anchor were an accident, but I think they really do lend something to the overall effect. If anyone asks, you should tell them about how hard you worked to get the bubbles "just right"!

Congratulations Maarten on finishing your Alert with an astonishing beautiful result Beer. You have a great eye for detail, even a pig on the roast Thumbsup.
I particularly like the diorama of the vessel anchored in epoxy.

CONGRATULATIONS for finishing this very special model
just amazing
and many many thanks for this or that tipp I got reading your building log
Very good work my friend - BRAVO

Maarten,

Congratulations on completing your journey with this beautiful, ingenious and inspiring model of the Alert.
This more than impressive build deserves a place of honor.
Although late to join the audience, I enjoyed your blog and look forward to your next endeavors.

Kind regards,

Johan

Back