HMS Alert by PeterM [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hallo Uwek, yes I have seen this announcement but it is a little bit too far for me. I live in Northrhein Wesphalia (near the Dutch border) and to Augsburg there are appr. 550km, so I decided to stay at home and work on Alert ;)
Greetings
PeterM

Hallo everybody and thanks for Your kind comments. All the frames are in place. I started to work on the inside and installed keelson, limber strakes and the mainmast step (not glued yet). To fix the thickstuff I used Maartens solution with the files - it works very well.DSC01893.JPGDSC01891.JPG
I removed the middle frame support parts. In this way, I had a better access to attach the positioning "hooks" (CL37-45) for the thickstuff (futtock heads and deck clamp). I installed the lower futtock head.
DSC01895.JPGDSC01898.JPGDSC01899.JPGDSC01900.JPG
Greetings
PeterM

Hallo everybody and thanks for Your kind comments. All the frames are in place. I started to work on the inside and installed keelson, limber strakes and the mainmast step (not glued yet). To fix the thickstuff I used Maartens solution with the files - it works very well.
You are moving pretty fast in your build, and doing a great job assembling! Keep up the awesome job. Peter!

Wow - very good progress and .... it is looking very good
(BTW: You do not need to downsize the photos before you upload them - our software is doing it automatically to the best (and biggest) size.....)

Hallo everybody. Thank You for the comments, Uwek thank You for the hint, i will try it out. All of the thickstuff is installed and nailed. I also fitted and glued the breast hooks.
DSC01903.JPGDSC01908.JPGDSC01909.JPGDSC01910.JPG
I run out of nails and while waiting for the new ones I decided to risk it and woops, she is out. Now I will have to sand and sand and......
DSC01914.JPGDSC01915.JPGDSC01916.JPG
DSC01917.JPG
P.S. The uploading of the photos without downsizing them worked out perfectly, thanks Uwek.
Greetings
PeterM

Your Alert frame wiork is looking very good - very accurate a clean work.
Maybe the sand-paper on your sanding drum is looking rough - so be careful that you do not sand the frames down!
This work with powertools is sometimes very tricky - I made already once very negaitive experiences.........

Hallo everybody, thanks for Your kind comments. Uwek, of course I am very carefull with the power tool. I'm using it only for the first rough step and than I sand/polish it with sand paper (grain 180-320) and steel wool at the end.
Greetings
PeterM

Hallo everybody. After a few hours of sanding and polishing the surface looks much better.
DSC01927.JPGDSC01929.JPGDSC01931.JPG
I covered the whole body with linseed oil varnish because later on it will be difficult to get into all the corners of the inside structure. The wood got its nice, warm colour.
DSC01934.JPGDSC01936.JPGDSC01938.JPGDSC01940.JPGDSC01941.JPG
The lower deck structure has been dry fitted.
DSC01943.JPGDSC01949.JPGDSC01944.JPG
Greetings
PeterM

Back