HMS Alert SOS Edition by PaulV [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Paul, The half-rounded part does look like bowsprit to me. It does have both: round and square sides. The parts on the left looks-like the sea ladders, all do it should have only two from both: bort and starboard. Part M14 looks to me like the jig for gratings or?

Dum Dum De DUM...

The Last note rings out as the Fat Lady finishes her song The curtains begin their closing act and the lights go up. The show is over and the crowd jump to their feet in unison. A thunderous applause rises to a crescendo as some one shouts thank god thats over!

WHAT!, Nooo, it not supposed to happen like that!

Okay So here is the last and final video of this series.

Its been a bumpy but fun ride. Do I like POF, hmm the jury is still out for me. I still love the majesty a complete ship! ( Oh alright I'll shut up)
Here it is, 24 minutes of ... well you can decide.

Last edited:
Congrats, Paul!! First Place MetalBottleExclamation-MarkExclamation-MarkExclamation-Mark You are the first one to complete this challenging kit. I'd like to express a big thank you from all of us, who are still assembling this very interfered kit. You were a pioneer to discover the hidden stones and warn the rest of us about them.

She is looking great, and I am sure you will find a perfect spot for her between the rest of your models. Please make as many pictures of her, from different angles, and post them here. I am sure we will benefit from those photos.

Hi Martin, Knut

No RUT - Caldercraft Victory, Unicorn Druid ( 128 scale) Rear & Mid, HMS Hood & Bismark , AL 1/16 Sopwith & Hatchet Spitfire on the shelf
Lots & Lots to do for quite a few years yet.

Plus its summer here downunder and with covid nearly eradicated & restrictions gone I have a new Ebike to consume my time! and get rid of the lockdown weight gains.

Cheers All and many thanks for following along.
Stay safe & well

Hi Maarten
I used the Casey Birchwood Brass Back. ( gun barrel backner ) that I normally use on PE parts. It works really well on Pewter ( white metal / British Metal) and turns parts a nice dark grey. ( The black oxidisation wipes off). I used just a few drops ( about a 50 to 1 or as needed) with water. It takes about 10-15 minutes immersed in a jar. I used it for all the metal parts supplied.

Hi Maarten
I used the Casey Birchwood Brass Back. ( gun barrel backner ) that I normally use on PE parts. It works really well on Pewter ( white metal / British Metal) and turns parts a nice dark grey. ( The black oxidisation wipes off). I used just a few drops ( about a 50 to 1 or as needed) with water. It takes about 10-15 minutes immersed in a jar. I used it for all the metal parts supplied.
Thx, they really look great. I use these blacking agents a lot on brass, copper and iron but never on white metal. Good to know.

Tks all.

I only get a little time at the moment. The next bit is coming... I intent to do a full idiots guide ( as Iike others in the group build, never done a POF before, especially one with such eloquent instructions. I hoping we can generate a visual practicum for others..( warts and all)! See you in the deep end!) I do warn you I do intend to go full belt once started and it will be full of local idioms and some f-ups ( Hope your Aussie and offense shields are up to date as I'm an old fart and we dont do politically correct down here two dogs.);)
Paul,
I find it better to swear with effing than to propel the ship through the air, taking on the attributes of an aeroplane, albeit for a short distance, when it gets a bit tricky and things don't go well. Were not so PC on the northern side of the equator as some may suggest. I certainly am not. Well not in some cases. Certainly PC in inter human action.
My next effort will also be the Alert from Trident.
Happy modelling!
Trevor.

Its a PIA new AL kit with lots of mistakes in the doco( No written doco just photos only0 and images of parts they changed for the better or worse without updating the doco. I almost gave up, but I will post some final images. Lock down is becoming a real drag in Vic Aus. so I'm only doing a little at the time.
Thr kit is differrent to that on the youtube vidoes and has bee cheapened in quality. I was looking forward to a fun build, but its not really, I have ad to subtitute wood for some metal parts as the metal is supposed to be painted to look like wood and it does not. Even the rubber wheels are metal!.

Anyway I will post some final images at some stage

Back