Unboxing HMS ALERT - Unboxing the Test Kit

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Like mentioned in another post I just received yesterday the test kit from Trident Models - Many Thanks for this
Today I will show the first impressions of the kit during the unboxing - The detailed Kit Review will follow

The kit is boxed in a brown sturdy box
- with the printed logo of TRIDENT MODELS and their slogan "Born for the Limit - Live for the Challenge" - I like the slogan
IMG-3682.jpg

Opening the box we can see the content - everything warped in folio and protected with bubble wrap - the manual and drawing is also bagged
IMG-3685.jpg

All separate bundles in one overview
IMG-3686.jpg

The first bundle separated
IMG-3687.jpg

and the sheets of this bundle - do not be surprised -> these eleven sheets are all for the temporary jigs and shall help the installations and fitting of the parts
IMG-3688.jpg

the next ten sheets with frame elements and keel
IMG-3690.jpg

eleven more sheets with knees, pumps, beams, gun carriages etc.
IMG-3691.jpg

ten more sheets
IMG-3695.jpg

the smaller inner box with all the fittings
IMG-3696.jpg

and the overview of the content - four small wooden sheets and twenty small bags with mainly white alloy parts (I like the two figurines very much) and a rope
IMG-3707.jpg

The english manual, one drawing sheet, a brown color sheet and a small bundle of wooden and brass rods
IMG-3709.jpg

The first impression is very good, quality material and documentation.
Impressive number of wooden sheets of different thicknesses - and especially a very impressive number of sheets for the installation jig - A good sign, that the Trident wants to help the modeler - A Manufacturer who is thinking like and for the modeler - GREAT

I have the feeling, that this kit will bring us a lot of fun, full of new construction methods and maybe also surprises - and I think mainly positive ones.

Please have in mind, that the "cabin upgrade kit" shown by Trident in the following post is not part of the test kit I received, but will be exclusively included in the kits for SOS members when they order the kit. In my kit it is not included, simply it was not finished when my kit was send...... so I will show in a later stage, when I received it.

A detailed Kit and Content Review will follow here in our forum asap

Last edited:
Thanks for uwek's open package review, thanks for your support, kit is our first product, and there are still many deficiencies in design and processing. I hope you can include more. The feedback in China shows that the illustrations in the manual are not enough. I will upload more illustrations in the SOS forum later for your reference. Thank you for your support. Thank you to uwek.

Trident, may I suggest for additional instructions you start a build log in the group and post them there. Just a suggestion to keep them where builders can find easy.

Thanks for the hard work to make a good model and ensuring it will also be a good project and not one people have to complain about instructions.

Indeed; I think I'll be making this my first POF build. Seems like a good step up from POB-- this kit would allow learning of POF methods, but well planned with instructions. Looking forward to the group build on this.

Trident, may I suggest for additional instructions you start a build log in the group and post them there. Just a suggestion to keep them where builders can find easy.

Thanks for the hard work to make a good model and ensuring it will also be a good project and not one people have to complain about instructions.
This is a very good proposal. I need to sort out the photos. I can match the illustrations in the manual with the real photos and share some of my experience with you

Like mentioned in another post I just received yesterday the test kit from Trident Models - Many Thanks for this
Today I will show the first impressions of the kit during the unboxing - The detailed Kit Review will follow

- with the printed logo of TRIDENT MODELS and their slogan "Born for the Limit - Live for the Challenge" - I like the slogan
View attachment 155774

Opening the box we can see the content - everything warped in folio and protected with bubble wrap - the manual and drawing is also bagged
View attachment 155775

View attachment 155776

View attachment 155777

and the sheets of this bundle - do not be surprised -> these eleven sheets are all for the temporary jigs and shall help the installations and fitting of the parts
View attachment 155778

View attachment 155779

View attachment 155780

ten more sheets
View attachment 155781

View attachment 155782

and the overview of the content - four small wooden sheets and twenty small bags with mainly white alloy parts (I like the two figurines very much) and a rope
View attachment 155783

The english manual, one drawing sheet, a brown color sheet and a small bundle of wooden and brass rods
View attachment 155789

Impressive number of wooden sheets of different thicknesses - and especially a very impressive number of sheets for the installation jig - A good sign, that the Trident wants to help the modeler - A Manufacturer who is thinking like and for the modeler - GREAT

I have the feeling, that this kit will bring us a lot of fun, full of new construction methods and maybe also surprises - and I think mainly positive ones.

Please have in mind, that the "cabin upgrade kit" shown by Trident in the following post is not part of the test kit I received, but will be exclusively included in the kits for SOS members when they order the kit. In my kit it is not included, simply it was not finished when my kit was send...... so I will show in a later stage, when I received it.

Thanks for sharing. Very impressive. It seems that many different types of wood are included. Any info on lumber used? Thanks again.

View attachment 155774

View attachment 155775

View attachment 155776

View attachment 155777

View attachment 155778

View attachment 155779

View attachment 155780

ten more sheets
View attachment 155781

View attachment 155782

View attachment 155783

View attachment 155789

Uwek, great presentation, I look forward to the next.
I'm impressed. My modeling dream has come true.
Trident Model - you are great.

Back