Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert 1777 1:48 Plank on frame by Trident Models

...... The Godwinson book does not show a binnacle on HMS Alert. But, there must have been one, right?
Sorry if tI have overlooked an answer to your question. I have read in several places that the longboat of HMS Alert 1777 was always towed - despite the admirality order that boats should be carried when at sea.

For example, one model maker, Roger Cole, made some extensive research when he scratch build the Alert and concluded:
" In all probability Alert would have been forced to tow her boat while under way; it is also highly unlikely that she could have lifted the longboat aboard as the weight of the boat would have been too much for the light spars to handle. Even if the boat could be brought aboard, it would have seriously hampered Alert's abilities in an unexpected engagement"

EDIT: I must have read your question like the devil reads the bible. Just saw that you was not asking about a boat. Though I'm not deleting it as people might need yo be cheered up these day

Cheers
Poul

Last edited:
The CAFModel Le Coureur is currently being released to the public.
Is there any updates on availability of the Alert kit?

Also, I'm not sure if it's worthwhile starting a new thread comparing the specification, attributes and technical differences and similarities between the two kits to help those who cannot buy both make a well informed decision on which one to purchase.

Also, I'm not sure if it's worthwhile starting a new thread comparing the specification, attributes and technical differences and similarities between the two kits to help those who cannot buy both make a well informed decision on which one to purchase.
CAFModel design is very good. There are many things worth learning. Le coureur is a rare and very good kit.

The kit will be avaiable soon,we are in process to setup the purchase list and members on the list will be contacted to buy the kit,so stay tuned ,don’t go anywhere and buy the Caf kit too,if enough members buy that too we setup a group build

If this doesn't get released soon my wife will come up with more uses for me and the money! The Alert as you have designed it is spectacular. The 'gifts' will take this model to a level that will cause riots in the streets and feelings of jealousy from all those that chose 'not' to participate :)

The kit will be avaiable soon,we are in process to setup the purchase list and members on the list will be contacted to buy the kit,so stay tuned ,don’t go anywhere and buy the Caf kit too,if enough members buy that too we setup a group build
I will definitely buy both- eventually, but with the AUD having been spartan kicked into the abyss compared to the USD I'll need to start with one for now. But which one?

John, I know how you feel the AUD sucks at the moment.
Thing to remember is CAF's 25% discount only lasts till the end of June. (don't know how serious they are)
If they are serious may be better buying it first to take advantage. Don't know!
Am buying both. Living on bread and water for a couple of months
can't be that bad can it?

Last edited:
I am so lucky, my birthday is in June ... and we get double the salary (vacation allowance) this month also - So I definitively will purchase both kits :D
... there will be no time to consume anything beside bread and water anyway when they arive ;)

The design is basically completed, and it needs to be refined. This is basically the structure. Wooden doors need to be rebuilt by everyone.Hinges are cast,The parts are too small. I hope they can be processed successfully。

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png12.png13.png

For everybody interested in this kit, take a look at my actual post showing the Content of the kit / Unboxing and open the post in the following link

Please do not forget to get a group member

I can’t post on the unboxing thread but what a great kit. These Chinese kits are so advanced.

Back