Trident Model - New Kit HMS Alert 1777 1:48 Plank on frame by Trident Models

I just hope it is pouring rain in Vienna and Uwe has to stay home and sent more pictures
Sorry, but the sun was shining today and I way with my family on a small trip.
For making the photos for a detailed review I need some hours free time - hope to handle this in the next days
Sorry for the delay.......

Trident Model, you made a very good job with this development. Are you considering to offer the plans alone for sale, allowing your design to have scratch built?
It is possible to build this from the Anatomy book of the Alert like Roland Vlahovich did

B0A06218-61F4-479F-B289-5BFDBAD05026.jpeg

Uwe, family always comes first! Especially if the ship is sinking and you have to put them in a life boat!

I can wait for more photos, but not tool long I hope. The time needed to take and post photos tells me there is much to be seen inside all the packages you have shown so far.

The test kit looks so promising, it looks of a very high quality and immense details included, so all congrats to Chinese manufacturer. It will be a great fun to build this one for many.
SO far I built only POB models, but I might consider to do one POF and depending on price and availability that might be right this one
:)

Last edited:
The test kit looks so promising, it looks of a very high quality and immense details included, so all congrats to Chinese manufacturer. It will be a great fun to build this one for many.
SO far I built only POB models, but I might consider to do one POF and depending on price and availability that might be right this one
:)
If not right for you now, if you can afford the SoS initial group package will have extras I think, that will cost more down the road.

If you can afford to buy now and save till you have one or two more builds completed before you start this one.

Also, watching build logs of others who have completed theirs if very helpful in building a more difficult ship.

If not right for you now, if you can afford the SoS initial group package will have extras I think, that will cost more down the road.
If you can afford to buy now and save till you have one or two more builds completed before you start this one.
Also, watching build logs of others who have completed theirs if very helpful in building a more difficult ship.

The approx. projected $350 price is is reasonable price for such a kit- yet after I have checked courier delivery costs, import duties and VAT (10%+20%=30%, + local forwarder company fixed charges for customs paperwork which is roughly $50) to be added total factory+shipment price, it's too expensive for my budget- This beautiful kit would exceed $650 to be delivered to me and that's way more than I am ready to invest.

The only alternative for me of building such a model instead of purchasing a high quality kit is a scratch build, thus eliminating all transport, import duties, forwarder's and VAT costs, paying only for raw materials and doing it all on my own :)

Yet it will be pleasure to follow build logs and learn something new.

The approx. projected $350 price is is reasonable price for such a kit- yet after I have checked courier delivery costs, import duties and VAT (10%+20%=30%, + local forwarder company fixed charges for customs paperwork which is roughly $50) to be added total factory+shipment price, it's too expensive for my budget- This beautiful kit would exceed $650 to be delivered to me and that's way more than I am ready to invest.

The only alternative for me of building such a model instead of purchasing a high quality kit is a scratch build, thus eliminating all transport, import duties, forwarder's and VAT costs, paying only for raw materials and doing it all on my own :)

Still about one dollar per hour

Before the virus shipping costs were under a dollar/kg.
Now they are charging 15 dollars/kg on some air routes.
By the time you add customs and tax plus courier fixed charges the kit is just far too expensive unless money is no object to you.

There comes a point when you say I am simply not prepared to pay that to get it to my doorstep.

Back