HMS Blandford 1720 in scale 1:48 by Modelship Dockyard [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very good work on the model
From technical view I have my doubts, if they had the mortars installed without stiffening the lower decks to take over the strong forces by the weight of the mortar and even more during firing the mortars

From technical view I have my doubts, if they had the mortars installed without stiffening the lower decks to take over the strong forces by the weight of the mortar and even more during firing the mortars
You are absolutely right especially when you compare them to the massive beams in your Granado model. l'm thinking l may disregard the mortar all together and replace the space allocated for it with a standard grating. The kit gives the option.

Yes Uwek like you said, it is impossible to install the deck structure of mortar, mortar in shooting down will produce very big force, the deck is clearly unsustainable, "said Peter Goodwin in his book draws a 13-inch mortar figure, but he did not identify mortars installation location. On the finished product in the final model, I can't install the mortar here, shown in the picture above, just for the sake of convenient take pictures show temporarily on the hull, mortar will eventually be placed on the top of the dock.

IMG_20230415_002512.jpg

Great looking model - the small diorama with the dry dock will look great.
I fully agree with the mortar
Bravo !!

Congratulations for finishing this great model - You made a very good job and it is a fine model
Bravo!

I'm sorry to reply late some, this period of time in focus Hayling Hoy, I have given production process release in the BBS. Thank you again for all the praise and attention

Back