HMS Blandford POF by Keith [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very good - step by step you will get a ships hull

One question: Are you already fixing the frames on the keel, or they are still dry-fitted?

Very good - step by step you will get a ships hull

One question: Are you already fixing the frames on the keel, or they are still dry-fitted?
Thank you Uwek. All the ribs so far are now permanently fixed to the keel. By you asking, I hope this is right

It didn’t seem like it would add anything to the high quality build logs in progress (and to come).
Upon further reflection I’ve decided to go ahead anyway .
I think I’d like to do a commentary of the kit, build challenges and knuckle head things I’ve done.
Are we considering a group build section?

It didn’t seem like it would add anything to the high quality build logs in progress (and to come).
I think I’d like to do a commentary of the kit, build challenges and knuckle head things I’ve done.
Dave, just so you know, we don't look for high-grade build logs, for us readers, the build log is an education in such. As you mentioned, your personal experience, a commentary, build challenges, and most importantly how you are able to overcome those. This is what most important! We don't plan for a build group as of today, but maybe will do it in the future depending on how many build logs we will have. ;)

I would be very interested to see your build log Dave

Great work so far! Very clean construction.
I’m just slightly behind you in my build.
Watching with great interest.
Dave
I agree completely with the other collegues
Please start a building log - every photo or description can help and assist others....

Thank you Uwek. All the ribs so far are now permanently fixed to the keel. By you asking, I hope this is right
Yes - off course
but I would not fix much more frames of the midship area, not befor you fixed the cant-frames of the bow and stern.

DSC04651.JPG

You will realize, that you have big advantages when you have enough access inside the jig.
It would be much more complicated, when you install fix all the "normal" frames before

Yes - off course
but I would not fix much more frames of the midship area, not befor you fixed the cant-frames of the bow and stern.

View attachment 308563

You will realize, that you have big advantages when you have enough access inside the jig.
It would be much more complicated, when you install fix all the "normal" frames before

Last edited by a moderator:
???
Maybe you check your post#56 - your text is missing, or missing on purpose?

Thanks for the advice Uwek. I have now fixed 11 ribs in the midship area so will stop and concentrate on the cant frames in the bow section next
???
Maybe you check your post#56 - your text is missing, or missing on purpose?

Thanks for the advice Uwek. I have now fixed 11 ribs in the midship area so will stop and concentrate on the cant frames in the bow section next
I have emailed Victor at Modelship Dockyard, as your comment gave me some concern and he has assured me that there is no problem at all in fixing the frames as l have been doing and it is perfectly OK to continue

Back