HMS Diana 1:64 scale from JoTiKa

These photographs show my completed model of HMS Diana from JoTiKa. This is my first foray into a large kit build after a small scratch-built galleon I completed at school 50 years ago. This model took me 3 years to complete and I loved every minute of it. I thought I'd mount the model on a dry dock diorama in order to show some of the work which went on around a ship of this period. Although she would not be in dry dock fully rigged as such, it makes the model visually appealing. I added furled sails, details in the great cabin, cannon tools, flickering LEDs and lots of other details. Enjoy.IMG_5800.jpegIMG_5800.jpegIMG_5801.jpegIMG_5802.jpegIMG_5803.jpegIMG_5804.jpegIMG_5805.jpegIMG_5806.jpegIMG_5807.jpegIMG_5808.jpegIMG_5809.jpegIMG_5810.jpegIMG_5812.jpegIMG_5814.jpegIMG_5815.jpegIMG_5816.jpegIMG_5817.jpegIMG_5818.jpegIMG_5819.jpegIMG_5820.jpegIMG_5821.jpegIMG_5822.jpegIMG_5823.jpegIMG_5824.jpegIMG_5825.jpegIMG_5828.jpeg

Hello Peter! Welcome aboard SOS! Very impressive build! You have an eye for details and as a result, diorama looks awesome (as Zoly mentioned in his post). Great rigging skills!! The only missing part IMHO is the figures of people and animals. But this is no way takes away all of the credits this diorama deserves. Great job!!!:) Be sure to send PM to Donnie @Donnie he will put pictures in our gallery!

Lovely. What can I say more. Really incredible work here.
thank you for sharing.

Welcome also from my side......
You show here not only a very good built of the Diana, but also an extremely interesting way to present here.
Great idea and very good executed.... wow

Beautiful model, really nicely finished.
Did you use the cannons supplied with the kit?
Also did you fit out the stern cabin?
Thank you, all. Much appreciate all your kind words. Yes I did fit out the great cabin with a table and chairs, charts, a sextant, books, maps, a miniature globe, a violin, the captain's tunic and boots, a sword and heraldic shields on the walls with doors to the lower gun deck and side galleries! I could post more pics but I did read somewhere that there's a 25 picture limit.

The forum software set for 25 images per post ,you can upload as much as images as you want limited to 25 images per post,we could set that number higher but than the post can be too long especially if you add a lot of text too.

Thank you, all. Much appreciate all your kind words. Yes I did fit out the great cabin with a table and chairs, charts, a sextant, books, maps, a miniature globe, a violin, the captain's tunic and boots, a sword and heraldic shields on the walls with doors to the lower gun deck and side galleries! I could post more pics but I did read somewhere that there's a 25 picture limit.
But off course you can posts much more photos in the following posts - and here we have absolutely no limitation.......so if you have 100 photos, post four times 25 - we love to see photos :cool: so we want to see them all .....

I agree with everybody and everything what has been said. This is beautiful model and I hope I will achieve at least a little level of detail also in my build. Builds like that make me want to go whereever you are living and just watch at it and watch and ask a lot of stuff about it. Incredible work :D

Fantástico, maravilloso muy instructivo, me gustaría ver mas reportajes de esta maravillosa maqueta diorama...mas fotos, mas, mas por favor un placer tenerte por aquí...SUERTE

Fantastic, wonderful, very instructive, I would like to see more reports of this wonderful diorama model ... more photos, more, more please a pleasure to have you here ... LUCK

Last edited by a moderator:
Back