HMS Euryalus 1803 - Scale 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Looking very good
I have one question related to the wall itself.
It seems, that these vertical boards are not single boards, but one solid sheet with some milled or scratched vertical lines.
How do you make this? Is it pear?

Looking very good
I have one question related to the wall itself.
It seems, that these vertical boards are not single boards, but one solid sheet with some milled or scratched vertical lines.
How do you make this? Is it pear?
Hello Uwe,

I take the tool from Trumpeter and scribe a joint with it every 3 mm. Please read Post#102. All walls are made of pear.

Greetings
Lucius

superb detail, accuracy, realism and workmanship!! Thank you for sharing your skills and techniques.

Are you staining the window/door frames? If so, is it an oil or some kind of stain/sealant?

Hello Everybody,

The first deck beams for the quarterdeck were installed. The gratings, capstan and companionway are also finished.

View attachment 311770

View attachment 311771

View attachment 311772

View attachment 311774

View attachment 311775

to be continued.

Greetiungs
Rüdiger
Dear Rüdiger
Ihre Arbeit ist einfach äußerst beeindruckend und erzielt wunderschöne Ergebnisse, denen Sie gerne folgen.

English: Your work is simply extremely impressive and it achieves beautiful results, a pleasure to follow

superb detail, accuracy, realism and workmanship!! Thank you for sharing your skills and techniques.

Are you staining the window/door frames? If so, is it an oil or some kind of stain/sealant?
No, I don't do that. It is a slightly darker pear wood. Paint twice with "Clou Schnellschliff Grundierung" and polish with steel wool. That's enough.

Back