HMS GRANADO (1742) - section - POF by CAF in 1:48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

WOW - Looking very good - your model is getting a very good section model
Bravo

guns are ready, some size comparison.

20220219_160900.jpg

I added a small strip into the mortar pit to support the wall panels in place. I do not want to glue all the pitt cover panells together so that I can change the way the mortar is displayed from time to time.

det.JPG

20220219_162108.jpg

and with guns

20220220_091347.jpg

20220220_091555.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good work on the guns - clean and accurate execution -> Bravo my friend Thumbsup

Congratulations for finishing this small beauty !!! Great result
And I have to state, that your "unpainted" version is looking better than mine
I like also the splitted door of the magazine......
Very good result!

and now? ......... the full hull model of the Granado or something else

I planed to start my building log, but at the end I was motivated by the Uwe log to finaly do it :)

Lets start my building log of this interesant kit from CAF.

I started with the acryl glass jig. There are three set of screws with diferent lenght and no intstruction how to use it.
At the end the long screws are for the bottom part A, the short for the upper part C2 and the middle for the rest.
The fit of the acryl gals part are perfect. The connecting part are made of resin. So, do not overtighten the screws.

A small oppening must be cut in the two corner connecting parts. Otherwise I caould not instal the frame (6) into the jig.

I started with first frame (6). But on the drawing are too many lines close together. After a hour, I was still lost. Than I have idea, to start my investigation on the frame (14). I just alignet the part with the drawing. And I have find out, that the Red line is for the B frame and the black for A frame.

As I assembled the frames. I was disappointed that assembled frame B have lose fit to the keel. The oppening was about 0,5mm wider as keel.
Why the CNC machined part does not fit?

I decided to shorten the choke to close the gap to keel.

I found on my kit that the lasered marking on the two parts on the frame (12) is on the wrong side.

Parts prepared according lasserd marking lines on it.

Parts prepared according drawings and instruction.

Lesson learned: trust the instruction and drawing not the marked line it can by on wrong side.

The frame assembly was straight forward. Now I have all the frames assembled and glued to the keel. Now it is sanding time.
Hallo @stan167
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back