HMS GRANADO - full hull - POF kit by CAF in 1:48 - by Uwe

Good point - I was think about before how to solve this.
My reason, why I made here a difference is the fact, that the beams on the forecastle and also at the quarterdeck have a reduced width, but the beams of the main deck are wider.

you can see the difference maybe here

View attachment 408436

View attachment 408437

This is the main reason - when the space is not enough, the width too small, the treenails have to be in one row
Hi Ewe, Your build continues to impress me, more so now that I realise just how much effort goes into a POF model.

Many Thanks for the kind comments and all the likes received.

Going further with the works on the sheerrails - this time the poopdeck at the bow

View attachment 393985

The outer epper plank was neded and installed - the kit sheerrail top is fitting very good from the form

View attachment 393984

View attachment 393991

Visible in the drawing is the fact, that the cathead is embedded inside so is deviding the top into two parts (see the laser marks on the part)

So before going further I had to make the cathead beam

View attachment 393986

and I had to make a notch in the inner and also outer plank

View attachment 393987

The necessary bolts (copper nails) are installed - these bolts are fixing the cathead down to the available beams and the top of the frame at the sheer rail

View attachment 393988

View attachment 393989

and the view from the outside

View attachment 393990

I have to go a little bit deeper.....the cathead beam has to lay flat on the planking

Many Thanks for your interest ..... to be continued ....
Really like how you made the cathead beams, especially those tiny little notches.

Many Thanks to @Keef , @dockattner , @sevish , @GrantTyler , @Tobias , @Maarten , @Ken , @Peter Voogt , @Dean62 , @Sameo_Patrik and @Alan56 for your replies and kind words
and to all others which marked the post with a like
Much appreciated and motivating.....

I needed a break from the works on the upper deck (and upper part) of the model, so I decided to start with the planking of the lower hull segment.

But before I was able to start with the first planking row directly under the wales, I had to adjust slightly the laying and hanging knees etc. close to the stern of the model. There was before a gap and the two parts of the model did not fit completely together.

IMG_3906.jpg

IMG_3907.jpg

The first row of planking under the wales should be as close as possible following the wales - although the upper part of the model will be appr. 15 cm higher than the lower hull

IMG_3908.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3910.jpg

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3912.jpg

Now the hull is prepared for the first planking row of the lower hull segment

Many Thanks for your interest .... to be continued

Many Thanks to @Keef , @dockattner , @sevish , @GrantTyler , @Tobias , @Maarten , @Ken , @Peter Voogt , @Dean62 , @Sameo_Patrik and @Alan56 for your replies and kind words
and to all others which marked the post with a like
Much appreciated and motivating.....

I needed a break from the works on the upper deck (and upper part) of the model, so I decided to start with the planking of the lower hull segment.

But before I was able to start with the first planking row directly under the wales, I had to adjust slightly the laying and hanging knees etc. close to the stern of the model. There was before a gap and the two parts of the model did not fit completely together.

View attachment 415070

View attachment 415071

The first row of planking under the wales should be as close as possible following the wales - although the upper part of the model will be appr. 15 cm higher than the lower hull

View attachment 415072

View attachment 415073

View attachment 415074

View attachment 415075

View attachment 415076

Now the hull is prepared for the first planking row of the lower hull segment

Many Thanks for your interest .... to be continued
My dear friend Uwek
first of all I want to bless you and your family a merry Christmas and Happy new year :)
you are doing wonderful and accurate on your beautiful model

Many Thanks @Mirek , @Hoss6262 , @Tobias , @Peter Gutterman , @pianoforte , @Steef66 and @shota70 for the kind words and comments.
and also to everybody pushing the LIKE-button - It is so easy here to make me smiling - Thanks a lot

The start was made and the first row of the hull planing of the lower hull segment was done - afterwards I hope it will go easier and faster

It is looking wrong, but the wales of the upper part are "hanging over" in some areas

IMG_3952.jpg

IMG_3953.jpg

I have the feeling, that I assembled 1.000 times the upper part on top of the lower part, in order to get more or less the correct alignment of this first plank

IMG_3950.jpg

The second row is prepared and bended

IMG_3954.jpg

This time I try also to imitate a fine line of "caulking" between the planks - we will see the result only after the final sanding of the hull surface - but I try and will see later on, how it is looking

You can never have enough of different clamps

IMG_3955.jpg

I hope, that during the christmas Holidays I will have some time to work on the planking (and treenailing)

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you

Keep care and stay healthy

Back