HMS Mercury, 1:72, Shipyard [COMPLETED BUILD]

By the way: The ship on the screen of my PC is the Hendrika Bartelds, a three-masted ship on which I sail for a week each year on the Baltic Sea or the North Sea. Such a sailing trip is fantastically beautiful! ;)Thumbsup

By the way: The ship on the screen of my PC is the Hendrika Bartelds, a three-masted ship on which I sail for a week each year on the Baltic Sea or the North Sea. Such a sailing trip is fantastically beautiful! ;)Thumbsup
Yes know that one she is a Dutch schooner. Beautiful ship, must be great to sail it for a week. Jealous.

Attention! Do not frighten now - the next pictures are cruel!
M602.JPGM603.JPGM604.JPG

What happened? I was not satisfied with my homemade ropes. So I perfected my technique, made new ropes and made all shrouds new. And later I made the tekkle roops again. The first ones were too light for me - that's historically incorrect.

M606.JPGM607.jpgM608.JPGM609.JPGM613.JPGM614.jpg

And looking at the spreeder and the cleanly wrapped ropes tells me it was right to let this machine come from the US.

M618.jpg

Bonden,
wow...........wow
you are showing here a real good and very professional work, Your standing rigging is extremely good, especially if we take into account in which small scale you are working - on your model we can realize what is possible.
And we can also recognize that you are still getting better with more experience - btw: a good step that you change already done elements in order to make it better.
I am looking forward to see your further work

A very fine work, and attention to the details, Bonden. I guess a glass of vine and modelling can go alone! I like the cru on that vine corkie... Did you make them your own? With your skills, I wouldn't surprise. :)

Hi Bonden,
Google translator is fine...It is my English (it is not my native language). Sailors on the ship, you made them yourself?

Back