HMS Mercury, 1:72, Shipyard

Then I started to prepare everything for the last sail. It's remarkable how many blocks and ropes are needed there. Interesting here is the mixture of cardboard parts and wood. I hope the pictures show this well.
Soon I will show how I bring it all together so that it fits.

M1328.jpgM1329.jpgM1330.jpgM1331.jpgM1332.jpgM1333.jpg

Hello everyone, the sail is now on the ship, but far from finished. You can see that the lower boom is still missing, and many ropes still need to be attached. But I thought I'd show you a little interim result. I hope to be finished with the sail tomorrow or the day after. After that there is still a lot of work to do on other parts of the ship...
M1339.jpgM1340.jpgM1342.jpgM1343.jpgM1344.jpg

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hallo Bonden, my friend,
happy to see your updates - very good progress
Your swivel guns are extremely good, especially having your small scale in mind.
Without the boom the gaff is looking somehow strange - but this will be different in short time - I am looking forward......

Hello everyone, and thank you, @Uwek, thank you all for the likes - today there is a small celebration in my shipyard: I finished the rigging! In the pictures, the "Geerden" are still missing from the mizzen sail (I don't know what the parts are called in English), but they are now also on.
We had a lot of sunshine today in Berlin, so I tried to take some nice pictures. I hope you like it.
But the ship is far from being finished. There is still a lot of small stuff to do...
M1347.jpgM1348.jpgM1349.jpgM1350.jpgM1351.jpgM1346.jpgM1345.jpg

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Hallo my friend,

Congratulations for finishing the rigging with sails - it is looking very good and the total appearance is very realistic.
I like your photo with the rigging shaddows on the sails - WOW

I really hope to see once your model in real.......

This is really great craftmanship!
Congratulations Bonden!
Wonderful, that you found a girlfriend who is also ship modelling (and also on a very high level).

Christian
PS: Störtebecker beer :DBeerI hope I can travel again to northern Germany for these beers like Jever, Hackebeck and Störtebecker and lots of Matjes!

Da antworte ich mal auf Deutsch - wenn sich zwei Österreicher und ein Berliner unterhalten, braucht es ausnahmsweise mal keinen Google-Translator. :D
Danke für eure netten Kommentare! Thumbsup
I really hope to see once your model in real.......
681 km von Wien bis Berlin - wenn Reisen wieder problemlos möglich ist, kannst du gern mal vorbeikommen.

I hope I can travel again to northern Germany for these beers like Jever, Hackebeck and Störtebecker and lots of Matjes!
Und wenn du auf deinem Weg nach Norddeutschland einen Zwischenstopp in Berlin einlegst, bekommst du hier schon ein Störtebeker. :D

And @all: Thanks for the likes! Thumbsup:)

In case you are wondering what I am working on my ship now:

The sailing master and a boatswain's mate are mending a sail on the foredeck that got torn during a storm in the English Channel.

In total there are already 9 sailors and two officers on deck, and there will be many more in the next few days....M1353.jpgM1354.jpgM1355.jpg

Here are the next boys:
A rope is torn on the main bram sail, it needs to be repaired.
I don't understand why so many seamen are standing with their axes raised in the figures of the HÄT company. But if you take away the axe, then drill a hole through it and put a rope through there, it fits wonderfully.
M1359.jpg
M1360.jpg
M1366.jpg
Another helper is approaching, and the relief for the lookout is also on the way.
M1365.jpg

M1367.jpg

The two at the helm are on quiet duty today.
M1369.jpgM1364.jpg

Captain William Carlyon in conversation with his guest, a minor admiral, already very famous, traveling to his new command overseas.
William Carlyon, by the way, was actually captain of HMS Mercury from 1781 to 1782.
M1363.jpg

The two guys here bring order to the ropes.
M1361.jpg
M1362.jpg

Here comes the replacement for the lookout on the mizzenmast.
M1368.jpg
M1373.jpg

Does someone want to throw himself into the water? No, he is on kitchen duty and feeds the sharks with the waste.
M1371.jpg
M1372.jpg

These two will come on board later. It took me about an hour to paint each one.
M1374.jpg
M1375.jpg

And here comes the first officer, Mr. Tucker. That was two hours of work. And then he stands on the quarterdeck, because he's on watch now. A strict man, but not a martinet, which is why the crew treats him with great respect.
M1376.jpg
M1377.jpg
M1378.jpg
M1379.jpg

That's the current status, but there are a few more sailors coming on board. But importantly, it's lunchtime, so most people are sitting below deck....

Uwek

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Lord Lavery will get some small but hurting experiences, when he is not learning fast......

And when we check the Threedecks web-page the young Lavery was not very successful in his naval career - There is no Entry to be found under this name ;)
Unbenannt.JPG

Bonden -> Great idea