HMS Mercury 1797 Shipyard 1:72

Hoi Maarten,
I will put in a tile floor, just to be on the safe site.:D
@ Submarinerblue, the stove will be visible, cabin just thrue the windows. ;)

I am surprised how realistic such an element like the stove could be produced.....good work.....and thanks for sharing with us

Reactions: Jos
This is really nice - I had no idea that cardstock is this detailed - I need to look into this myself as far as getting one.
Thanks for sharing this project with us.

This seems to build out just like a wooden versoni - very interesting - nice !!!

G'day Jos
I finally found your amazing post. I, and I would say almost every one has seen the incredibly impressive work done by 'Doris', and her almost impossible to believe self-made creations. But I never knew, you can get kits out of card to almost the same standard. WOW, was the word I was using when I was reading and 'googling' at your photos.
I hope there's enough room on the front row for me, or I might have to replace my seat with Zoltan.
:p
Sorry mate for pushing you aside.
Well, happymodeling and please post more and more.
Greg

Thank`s ,
After a little pause i`m back building.
I will also set up the build log of the HMS Enterprize.
Gr. Jos.

Interesting to see these techniques you are using with cardboard models.....I guess you have to be much more accurate than with wood. No place of mistakes, othervise the card is damaged.......

Interesting to see these techniques you are using with cardboard models.....I guess you have to be much more accurate than with wood. No place of mistakes, othervise the card is damaged.......

Uwek has a point here! Doing a card model, it must be less forgiving over wood.
Really this would be the next level up from wood in expertise, like wood is the next level up from plastic.
Happymodeling
Greg

Hoi Jos,

Very nice, I think you can make or ruin a paper model with the paintwork. And yours on the cabins is spot on.

Vrgr Maarten

Hoi Guy`s,first of all, thank you. :)
I think that building with whatever material, you need to learn and respect the possibillities and be creative.
The big advantage of paper and card to me is, there is no need for special or expensive tools.
Gr. Jos.

Back