HMS Ontario 1780 Cross Section scale 1:32

donfarr

Blandford Group Build

Hi Mike, if you have time, please show the steps taken in detail, as this is very important a project in itself. Don

Mike41

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Hi Don,
This is just the prototype being built from preliminary drawings that will have to be updated as changes are made to the model. I will generate a step by step set of instructions for the group build when the prototype is complete, if I documented everything on the prototype it would take longer to build and must be revised anyway. The photos will give you a general idea of what will be involved in the build.
Mike

zoly99sask

Admin
Staff member
Administrative
Blandford Group Build

Hi Don,
This is just the prototype being built from preliminary drawings that will have to be updated as changes are made to the model. I will generate a step by step set of instructions for the group build when the prototype is complete, if I documented everything on the prototype it would take longer to build and must be revised anyway. The photos will give you a general idea of what will be involved in the build.
Mike
A practicum is a good idea

Norway

Mike, now I have read through this log again, very inspiring, a few questions.
How tall, long and wide is this model ?, it looks pretty big !.
You say you use graphite to imitate bolts, is it a powder you mix with glue to get a proper thickness?
That's something I'm trying out for the frames of my Blandford.
I see you use different material on the main and lover deck, is there any particular reason for that?
Thank you-

Mike41

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Hi Knut,
The model is 12 inches high, 12 inches wide and 16 inches long. I use 14-gauge copper wire for bolts. The lower deck was planked with basswood, which is what I normally use, for the upper deck I used some clear white pine to see what it would look like. I like the look of pine better than basswood for deck planking and will continue using it on future models.

There is many different methods and materials to use to build a model, you will develop personal preferences as you gain experience modeling.

Mike