HMS Ontario 1780 scale 1:32 POB full version

Hi Zoly,
The reinforcing timbers are they just for support until you get some planking going?

Hello Mike, no, they are permanent reinforcing supports, actually pretty good ones, I have glued in the lower false gun deck , that gave even more support.

Looking great mate.
What timber you used as the enforcement? Was it hardwood?
All the best and happymodeling
Greg

Hello Greg,90% is basswood and the rest is walnut,and I used CA with wood glue combination,will last for 200 years Lol.

Hello everyone ,thanks for looking in and for the nice comments.

The soccer world cup kept me away from the shipyard hopefully this weekend I will finish adding these pinky fillers.

Zoltan

Reactions: ADC
Hello Zoltan
Just catching up on your HMS Ontario build, nice to see that you are well underway, great progress. I just did a very quick comparison between your HMS Ontario and my Oliver Cromwell. Not a great amount of difference in overall size. From what I can see Ontario has 2 masts and Oliver Cromwell has 3. They are both very interesting ships that is for sure. However, since you are using a larger scale that will give you more room to add much more detail than I will be able to at my 1: 48 scale. Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Zoltan
Just catching up on your HMS Ontario build, nice to see that you are well underway, great progress. I just did a very quick comparison between your HMS Ontario and my Oliver Cromwell. Not a great amount of difference in overall size. From what I can see Ontario has 2 masts and Oliver Cromwell has 3. They are both very interesting ships that is for sure. However, since you are using a larger scale that will give you more room to add much more detail than I will be able to at my 1: 48 scale. Keep up the great work and keep the pictures coming, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence , thanks for visiting my build log and the kind words, yes she is an interesting ship and maybe a few people build her as far I found on the net.

Zoltan

Hi Zoltan, I've just read through all this build log, I've learnt a lot and it's given me several helpful ideas for a future "little" project. I am also finding the World Cup is getting in the way of my model building time.

Cheers Andy

G'day Zoly
Great progress mate. Good idea about foam, I'm going for balsa wood. Like you I like a solid foundation for the planking.
Glad to see that you used the word 'soccer' not FOOTBALL. Lol
Havagoodone
Greg

Back