HMS Ontario 1780 scale 1:32 POB full version

looks-like I have already convinced in buying those 'Perma' files. I just don't know what will i need most e.g. coarse or fine. ;)
Like Zoly already answered.....I have also a set of the fine ones,
and I want to mention, that the fine are often not fine enough - therefore I do not use them very often

and I want to mention, that the fine are often not fine enough - therefore I do not use them very often
Thanks Uwe. ...so discussion has been continued (sorry Zoly @zoly99sask to hijacking your thread). Would be true to say that 'fine' is more of a medium than fine? What grit equivalent you would considered this 'fine'?

Thanks Uwe. ...so discussion has been continued (sorry Zoly @zoly99sask to hijacking your thread). Would be true to say that 'fine' is more of a medium than fine? What grit equivalent you would considered this 'fine'?
I will take a close look in the evening - but maybe like 40, 60 or maximum 80 - (according the numbering I know)

I was thinking it would be a good idea to add more bulkheads between the gunports,I think they would make the planking much easier and smoother as this hull going to be pretty large. What do you think

I was thinking the very same thing after looking at the setup at 1:32 scale that is a 2-inch space. You are right the closer the bulkheads the smoother the hull. So either adds 7 more bulkheads OR add filler blocks. If you use 1/4 inch thick plywood then space is 1 1/2 inches if you use 3/8 plywood then space is 1 1/4
this brings the count to 24 bulkheads and if you look at Donnie's build this hull is the same size and it has 12 bulkheads
It is a good idea to insert more bulkhead is to make quite a few more bulkheads from the real one. then divided in half, glue some pieces of wood with the right measurement. glue is to the main bulkhead. from midship and forward the extra bulkhead are un the bow side and After the opposite. always. this methode make the hull looks like an admiral ship. It is hard work, so filling in the gap between the bulkhead- mainly in 30-40 and up 50 guns, all with only gun deck principal. You can take Wood blocks- taking the messer¡uremen between the two bulkheads where it has to be inserted. ones inside up to the false keel. now you can draw the curve of the bulkheads decoration-and saw the part you do not need away. Zoly here in the web, are using some polyethene or something sponge fron¡m the lower Flower shop. This Sponge blocks can absorb a lot of ware - to use to make flower decorations- I take the dry block and add into a water bucket with aprox 50& water and 50% carpenter Glue (some trials will have to be done with solution) not to thin but not too. thick too. It must penetrate into the sponge Dry out in the sun or varm place if the spouse is not at home you can use the baking over you will now have a very hard brick, but it g¡van be cut, saw and sand without a problem. Now you will have to cut it, according to your bulkheads.

Back