Today I finished the outside window frames and I created a chandelier for the cabin.
The chandelier I made from silver soldering wire of 1mm which I twisted.
On top of these I soldered candle light simulating mini leds. The chandelier it self is the negative wire.
On the positive side I soldered the laquered positive wire which is lead down to the base of the chandelier twisted around it. At the bottom I solder a wire to the base and one wire to the 3 wires of the individual leds.
Around the leds I stick a piece of white heat shrink to simulate the candle leaving just the top of the led open.
Now it is time for saw dust by drilling a hole in the table to feed through the wiring and to fit the chandelier onto the table.
The wiring will go through a hole in the floor via the hull to the batteries. Just checking if everything works I dry fitted the table in the cabin, the wire is now still visible during dry fitting.
Looking nice to have a candle light dinner at the Victory......but everybody should be very careful when the candles are next to the brandy glasses on the table and some drunken officers in the same room celebrating the anniversary of Trafalgar or similar
Take a look at this: On 2 February 1824 Fame (a british East India Company ship from 1818) caught fire about 50 miles south-west of Bencoolen in the evening after she had left there for England. A fire started when a careless steward carrying a candle accidentally ignited fumes while drawing brandy from a cask in a storeroom. Fortunately all aboard were able to leave the ship in two boats before the fire reached the magazine, which exploded. Sir Stamford Raffles (former Governor-General of Bencoolen (1817–1822)), and Lady Raffles were among the passengers who were rescued . https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fame_(1818_ship)
The same happened to theRegret:
During the evening of 23 September 1822 Regret was in Batavia Roads when a lighted candle set fire to a cask of spirits causing it to explode. The fire spread so rapidly the officers and crew could save nothing but the clothes they had on. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regret_(1814_ship)
The last wall in the cabin is the fwd bulkhead. This bulk head I will finish the same as the aft bulkhead in the cabin, however in the middle there will be no painting but a cupboard and two windows. The cupboard is supplied with the kit, however I will transform it to better suit the rest of the cabin.
The bulkhead will be separated in an upper and lower part by means of a decorative moulding.
The lower part is covered by a wainscoting from strips supplied with the kit. The frames around the doors and windows are also supplied with the kit from laser cut plywood. I still think about what to do with these to upgrade them
The upper part I covered with veneer that was supplied as deck planks for which I am going to use basswood of which I prefer colour and texture.
After covering all it is time to cut out the windows etc.
Between the window and door frames I will create a column on both sides. The will have a light coloured basswood background and on top of that a carved pear contrasting column.
Dry fitting the cupboard, this one as build from the kit and still has to be upgraded.
And dry fitting in place.
Next time carving the column and upgrading the cupboard and window frames.
Today I had 2 hours spare for creating the two columns and the deckbeam for the bulkhead.
I make the columns from pear with a small hobby knive and a file.
The deck beam will be fitted to the bulkhead and is from the same 6x1 mm pear strip, this time finished with a profile on the edge.
Both columns and deck beam fitted to the bulkhead. Next time finishing the cupboard and waxing .