HMS Sirius 1786 Deck Cannon - Modellers Shipyard 1:20 [COMPLETED BUILD]

What's a cannon without a barrel, so here it is.

Barrel (1).jpg

It needed a bit of a cleanup from the casting and with some paint it's as good as new.

Sitting on the carriage for a test fit before the rigging and tackle are added, then it's just a case of assembling everything on the base, almost done. :)

Barrel (2).jpgBarrel (3).jpg

Last edited:
What's a canon without a barrel, so here it is.

View attachment 300213

It needed a bit of a cleanup from the casting and with some paint it's as good as new.

Sitting on the carriage for a test fit before the rigging and tackle are added, then it's just a case of assembling everything on the base, almost done. :)

View attachment 300210View attachment 300212
Hello Richie- man I love the black paint and how you applied it to the cannon. Awesome.

The cannons look super Richie and will contrast nicely with all the wooden finish.

Here it is finished after attaching everything to the base and installing some rigging.

I built it pretty much as per the instructions in the box with only a few small changes on my part, need a sharp eye to spot them.
Of course there are many ways how it could have been built but I am happy how it turned out and it served it's purpose on my modeling journey.

Hope you enjoy the show.

Back side (1).JPGBack side (2).JPGBack side (3).JPGBarrel (1).JPGBarrel (2).JPGBarrel (3).JPGLabel Side (1).JPGLabel Side (2).JPGLabel Side (3).JPGLabel Side (4).JPGLabel Side (5).JPGLabel Side (6).JPGRear (1).JPGRear (2).JPG

Last edited:
I certainly enjoyed the show thoroughly. That looks super, Richie! You can be well pleased with that!

Here it is finished after attaching everything to the base and installing some rigging.

I built it pretty much as per the instructions in the box with only a few small changes on my part, need a sharp eye to spot them.
Of course there are many ways how it could have been built but I am happy how it turned out and it served it's purpose on my modeling journey.

Hope you enjoy the show.

View attachment 301586View attachment 301587View attachment 301588View attachment 301589View attachment 301590View attachment 301591View attachment 301592View attachment 301593View attachment 301594View attachment 301595View attachment 301596View attachment 301597View attachment 301598View attachment 301599
Hello Richie. How awesome is that! Nice one. Cheers grant

Congratulations - this model is really looking good !! Thumbsup

And what a nice collection you are creating there, Richie! The Revenge is a big lady isn't she?

Thank you Heinrich.
My goal was to see if I could complete a second model, not sure if the cannon counts yet, I will call it 3 once the revenge is completed.:)
According to the specs the Revenge measures 695mmx570mmx300mm at 1:85, the Schooner is 1:50 and the cannon is 1:20.

Back