HMS Surprise 1/48 scale built by neptune

269.jpg
Bow on view, lots of ropes to sort out,

270.jpg
the bowsprit area,

272.jpg
another view,

274.jpg
and the figurehead, as I said at the start of the build the figure head is not the right one, the one in the kit was just
a lump of metal, this one I converted from a chess piece,

Last edited:
310.jpg
I had to make a case for the ship as it had to go to Queensland, which is 1,400 miles or 2,290 Kilometers away
from us, he was going to transport it himself so it had to be a strong case, I made the case out of Refrigerator
cartons glued together and reinforced with wood strips and along the bottom and half way up the sides I glued
a piece of MFD board that the ship would sit on and be secured to it,

311.jpg
The ship in the case for a test fit I had allowed plenty of room front back and all around,

283.jpg
The ships boat was missing from the kit, but I had several of the Quay Craft range of Resin boats, I cleaned them
up and painted them but I discarded the resin seats and made new ones out of wood, this is one of the boats after
painting,

286.jpg
The four boats that I had all painted and with seats fitted, I only used three of them in the end,

312.jpg
The two larger boats on the skids, and lashed down,

313.jpg
Closer look,

314.jpg
and one of the smaller boats hanging from the stern Davitt's,

315.jpg
An overall view of the completed ship,

320.jpg
Next up was the crew, to fix them to the deck I drilled up through the Bum area and CA glued a stainless pin in
place, They were not Happy, Ouch, :mad::mad::mad:,

322.jpg
The Captain standing upright on a block of wood with the help of the pin going into the wood,

323.jpg
Rear view,

324.jpg
and all the crew with pins fixed in place,

325.jpg
And after painting, they chose the deep suntan, well after all they were out around the West Indies South American
area chasing and being chased by the French ship Acheron,

319.jpg
and last but not least the ships cat, Piddles, so called because it piddles everywhere,

Back