Hms Vanguard 1787 1:72 - Victory Models/Amati

Hi Snowy, I know how it is sharing her with work. It's difficult and slow. But in the end she won! Now I'm retired and can give her the focus she deservs. Have Now been working on masts and rigging. Your ambition with the skilsmässa sounds interesting, are you planing on doing it on your own?
Sending a picture hoping to contribute with some inspiration.20221011_165808.jpg

Hi red bear
Looking great
Yes I will be doing sails but first onto the masts .I still have some bits and pieces to do around hull
Eg : put on name, attach eyelets and the chain .
How long did it take you to do the boats ,I've just finished one and it took me months.
Onwards and upwards and thanks for the photo Looking good
Cheers snowy

Hi all

Merry Christmas and A happy new year to all.

It's been great to get progress ,I think it has rained here for about 6 days straight and at least 50 mm each day.

So during this time I have had time to finish all thte deadeye and chainplates.i have also put on the
Booms on the side of the ship.
I think now as I started the second 30 foot boat it's time to start the masts .this for me is always a good thing
Cheers snowy.

20221231_194019.jpg

20221231_194024.jpg

20221231_194038.jpg

20221231_194042.jpg

20221222_092624.jpg

20221222_092627.jpg

20221222_092634.jpg

Merry Christmas and A happy new year to all.

It's been great to get progress ,I think it has rained here for about 6 days straight and at least 50 mm each day.

So during this time I have had time to finish all thte deadeye and chainplates.i have also put on the

Booms on the side of the ship.

I think now

Hi Snowy, she looks grate!!! Btw, sorry for the lack of an answer regarding the sails. It was probably because I hadn't made up my mind at the time, and still haven't
If you haven't fixed the upper parts of the masts I suggest that you do all the rigging including yards, before you build on upwards. Guess how I known‍.

20230429_084612.jpg

Hey all
Work has been full on
But in my spare time nearly finished the yards .a lot more work than I expected .hopefully in the next month I can start the sails
Cheers snowy.

View attachment 383723

View attachment 383725
Good morning Snowy. Yep I remember rigging the blocks and doing the horse and stirrups on the yards….a never ending story. Well done on these they looks spot on. Cheers Grant

Hi grant
Yeah thanks mate they took me ages but now I'm doing the mains and fore and they will take longer .
Just want to get them finished then on to sails .in between I still have 3 boats,the lanterns, ⚓️ anchors and the 2 boomkins to finish off on the ship onwards and upwards
Cheers snowy

Hi all
Well I can say I have now just one more yard to finish.
Then it's on to making sails .
I actually enjoy this part of the build. Seeing her all come together .
Just a heads up after this which I think is at least 8 months away ,minimum, I then have the apostle philipe to start .but I also could not help myself and bought the soleil royal from artenesia lantina .
Oh boy gonna get busy now. Big first all apostle philipe.

Cheers snowy

Hi all
Still been busy
But I have finished the anchors ⚓️ and just finished cutting and glueing the sails. Next step is to get the sails sewn. Then I'll start sewing on the thread around the sails. That's going to take a while. Meanwhile I'm painting the lanterns. Cheers snowy

20231105_094336.jpg

20231105_085329.jpg

Back