Hms Vanguard 1787 1:72 - Victory Models/Amati

Thanks grant
Much appreciated
I will be watching your build on the victory .I would love to build her one day
Cheers snowy

Very nice indeed! Looking forward to see the coming development, including new photos.
I have been procrastinating the task of finishing the stern and did the poop deck instead, but I guess that the facia and decorations are going to have to be my next challenge.
Btw, used Brass Black on the brass canons mounted on poop deck. Result was very good!

Hey bear
Thanks again can you send me a picture of how the brass black turned out .sounds interesting
Cheers snowy

Hi all
Been a while since I posted.
Been busy with work.
Hey bear that last post should say carronades ,cheers.
Anyhow got some time now so I am finishing off the top 18 guns and all the rigging to go with them

Merry Christmas and happy new year cheers snowy

20211227_115046.jpg20211227_115033.jpg20211227_115024.jpg

Hi bloke
These are carbonades and if you are doing the victory they be normal 32s on the bottom then 28s in the middle where you are then 18 9 pounders up top with 6 carronades up the back on the poop deck.
What I do is a frigate or short-heavy artillery frigate. Basically, they are all Caron guns.

Hi fj
Maybe get a steel drill and put on some tie off ropes
Good luck or just get different guns .
Cheers snowy

Hi all
Been a while since I posted.
Been busy with work.
Hey bear that last post should say carronades ,cheers.
Anyhow got some time now so I am finishing off the top 18 guns and all the rigging to go with them

Merry Christmas and happy new year cheers snowy
Lovely Snowy. Gun rigging is a very good job. I like itThumbsupThumbsup

Hi Snowy,
Hopefully 2022 has started well. Of course the blacked guns were for the carronades.
Your gunns look great! I was wonderin you made those neet rope bundles. But I still can't recognize what those colored things are.

Cheers
Björn

Hey bear
Hope all is well for 2022
If you look on the last picture of the ship you will see the little screw on cups ,these are the lids .
What i do is put a hole in the middle of each. Then thread a small amount of thread through the hole put the other lid on top and put a pin through both holes.
Then it is just a matter of holding the bottom thread and turning the threa around pin while holding both.
After that I take the top lid off and just put a fingertip of watered Down wood glue on top .
The next day I will cut off the thread going through the bottom and scrape off my new rope coil .
Cheers snowy

Hi all
Been busy with more guns ,I must say it's been very time consuming and then to boot I ran out of thread last week it will take about another week to get here. here is a few pics
Cheers snowyView attachment 282606View attachment 282607
Good morning Snowy. Keep taking your time because they are coming out brilliantly. Your deck is busy and I love it. Well done. Those couple barrels for the rum will keep the crew happy.

Hi guys
Been back at it again and got my 100m of .5 cord now only 1 gun to go .I worked out on the length of the cuts ,I used 35 m of cord to rig the top and bottom guns oh the joy with one left ( Oh and 6 carronades)now I have the poop on and I think I'll just finish off all the furnishings. Then start on all the railings.
Cheers snowy
Ps I love the view under the poop deck I put a light on to get the photo.

20220124_150010.jpg20220124_145937.jpg20220124_145929.jpg20220124_145821.jpg20220124_145811.jpg

Back