Hms Vanguard 1787 1:72 - Victory Models/Amati

g
Hi again all
This update will just show the finished gun ports for the upper deck, and half of the decking .
I went for a 3 shift on the timbers for the decking again as in 40,80 120 . All good so far onwards and upwards
Cheers snowy.
great progress, looks beautiful

Hello Snowy.
My name is Antonio.
I am a naval model maker. First of all, congratulations on your work. I too am buying the Vanguard Victory Amati kit because I want to commit myself to something challenging but also giving a lot of satisfaction.
I would like to know what the experience you are having with this model is like.
Best regards.
Antonio

Nice work, sorry have been distracted of late but keep up the great work. I have my work packed away, hope to get to it soon. Cheers everyone. This is a beautiful ship and you have done it proud.

Hi,
thanks all
Well like you said something challenging.
She has a 16 pages written booklet followed by a 30 pages illustrated book.And to go with that there is also 20 a3 pages of plans .after deciphering all this I have four plans on my walls for now.
This is because there are also small sub builds on these plans.
All in all great ship ,great plans and a great challenge
Cheers snowy

Snowy, great to see that your back. I liked your idea of putting an extra 'timber' under the camber beams for extra support. I can just imagine the hazel if one of them came loose and fell down at a later stage :eek:. As i mentioned I'm a coupe of month behind you, so I just stole your idea;). I'd love to see your progress and to hear if you have any new great ideas.

Antonio, welcome to this site. As Snowy mentioned it is indeed a wonderful but changeling build that demands perseverance. I have been working on my Vanguard a couple of years more than Snowy (the first years i also had a full time employment, which wasn't a good combination). Have you bought the kit, or are you planing to?

Take care!

Hello Snowy.
My name is Antonio.
I am a naval model maker. First of all, congratulations on your work. I too am buying the Vanguard Victory Amati kit because I want to commit myself to something challenging but also giving a lot of satisfaction.
I would like to know what the experience you are having with this model is like.
Best regards.
Antonio
Ps Antonio
I'm up to 2 years now on this build
I think I have 2 to 3 to go as she will have sails
Cheers snowy
Hi guys.
I already bought the Vanguard Amati kit. It should arrive in days.
I am very mythic and I want to work on a challenging model.
Then I'd like to switch to arsenal modeling.
I thought that Canguard was the right model for my need.
As well as demanding, it is a very beautiful ship and has a very important history.
plus she was one of the ships commanded by the greatest admiral in history

Sorry for my terrible english.

Hi red bear and Antonio
Thanks for the comments and yeah those beams worried me.
Just a small update ( as you said work comes first)
I fitted the windows and started up the front with the gratings and stairs .
Happy modelling
Cheers snowy
Ps :I thought a little timber look at the bottom of the windows looks nice.It was captains orders.

20210516_095139.jpg20210516_095126.jpg20210516_095105.jpg20210516_095056.jpg

Hi guys.
I already bought the Vanguard Amati kit. It should arrive in days.
I am very mythic and I want to work on a challenging model.
Then I'd like to switch to arsenal modeling.
I thought that Canguard was the right model for my need.
As well as demanding, it is a very beautiful ship and has a very important history.
plus she was one of the ships commanded by the greatest admiral in history

Sorry for my terrible english.

A suggestion is that you study this and other sites for documented builds of the Vanguard, there are several on modelshipbuilder, modelshipworld as well as on this site.

Cheers

Antonio, welcome to this site. As Snowy mentioned it is indeed a wonderful but changeling build that demands perseverance. I have been working on my Vanguard a couple of years more than Snowy (the first years i also had a full time employment, which wasn't a good combination). Have you bought the kit, or are you planing to?

Take care!
Snowy, great to see that your back. I liked your idea of putting an extra 'timber' under the camber beams for extra support. I can just imagine the hazel if one of them came loose and fell down at a later stage :eek:. As i mentioned I'm a coupe of month behind you, so I just stole your idea;). I'd love to see your progress and to hear if you have any new great ideas.

Take care!
I'm going to pick it up tonight from the model ship shop where I ordered it. (680,00 euro, very expensive in my opinion) I will study the construction plans before I begin. I am also consulting the photos of those who are building it published on this site.
A warm greeting

Hi red bear.
You are right. The packaging is very heavy and is full of material and documents.
Tomorrow I will dedicate myself to checking everything. I am very satisfied with the purchase. I hope that the quality of Amati does not disappoint me. I want to do a good job.
Cheers

Hi Antonio
If I'm not happy with my own work I wouldn't bother building these ships ,as they are my enjoyment

Hi Snowy
Obviously.
But I was just talking about the Vanguard.
Did Amati provide good material and documentation?
In your opinion, in consideration of the fact that you have already built that kit

Yeah mate all the material is of good quality ( I think) .
Also like I said there are a ton of plans .
Cheers snowy

Hi Antonio,
Hope that you are happy with the kit! In any case why don't you start a new build log where we can follow you progress and discuss your issues.

Looking forward to see your progress.

Cheers Red

Back