Hms Vanguard 1787 1:72 - Victory Models/Amati

Just a great model, you've done well. This model is really up there for me from research, do you agree? In all, like overall, do you think this is worth the extra dollars over other similar kits that size? I'm only asking from inexperience with buying kits. I see you sweating out the elements there in NT, not to mention the COVID issue, hopefully WA will open up to you guys, you can come down and check out our beautiful state and vica versa. Cheers.

Hi mate
Yeah hope you are doing well
As for the kit you get a lot in one box .this is different as it is not a 1 to 99,pictures and reading book instead you have 2 books .
One in text and the other in text and large pictures.
Also there is 20 a3 pages to go through and pick up on what information you need.
Great timber ,she has slowed for the last 3 weeks due to a bit of a heatwave up here but I will be back into her soon when I cool that room
Cheers snowy
16056472310601887968235421190446.jpg

16056472921483702342452262200008.jpg

16056473165374412399745546980783.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice Snowy, are you going to blacken those cap squares or leave them brass? Merry Christmas to you as well!

Hey stargazer
Yeah I was thinking of leaving them brass .
I'm really looking forward to putting the next deck on but I can see that is at least 2 months away minimum.
All good though and can't wait to move on to the next steps
Cheers snowy

Yeah I’ve left the entire gun brass on a couple models, i think it gives it more of a display look than trying for authenticity- I like the combination too! I have always wanted to do a ship of the line but I don’t know if I have the tenacity they require... your 74 is looking great!

Yeah mate see where your coming from.
I already have 3 ships
Amati pirate ship
Occre Dianne
And the Amati Viking ship
My theory was to to do maybe 1 or 2 large ships and I knew with the scale I was in for at least a 5 year project. each.( and still working).
Just think as 1 big ship as lots of smaller projects ,just my thinking
Cheers snowy

Awesome cannons rigging, considering the scale! It must take you a while...but it worth every minute you've spent. Bravo.

Wow, fantastic job on this build. Can't wait to see the stairs and gratings with the cannon balls installed. This ship is coming along very nicely. Did you get caught up in any of the fire last year? My brother and his wife were there visiting and could see lots of smoke in the distance in several locations but never anywhere close to them.

Hi tech
Yeah I'm rural on 5 acres and the fire was only 3 streets away ,she came close. I've made the stairs but I will only put them on when I've finished the guns. Jimsky your right there I've got 6 blocks per gun and I think i started them about 5 months ago .cheers sno

Gday all
Happy Australia day
Well these guns were 5 months from start to finish oh boy what a journey that was.
Yes I know most will get covered but I just love the look. I think next I'll put on the gun covers as I want to tie off the upper gun deck inside while the Deck is off .onwards and upwards .
Cheers snowy

20210126_112052.jpg

20210126_112046.jpg

20210126_112040.jpg

20210126_112029.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gday all
Happy Australia day
Well these guns were 5 months from start to finish oh boy what a journey that was.
Yes I know most will get covered but I just love the look. I think next I'll put on the gun covers as I want to tie off the upper gun deck inside while the Deck is off .onwards and upwards .
Cheers

The deck is looking very good - well done !!!

The stove of the Vanguard 1787 was the typical Brodie stove, which was the standard stove for british ships of the line of this period

Back