What glue can one use to attach PE parts together?
I am unable to solder as I do not have the equipment or the space. Preferably something that would be available in the UK. (Edit)
The CA glue worked perfectly.
This is what I have been working on.
For two reasons.
Firstly to investigate how Master Korabel design their kits and to see if I would have any problems with the instructions.
Secondly, to reactivate my desire to continue my build of the Victory cross section.
Not the best, but I really enjoyed building it.
Now to get back to the Victory.
I really enjoyed building that little model.
A lot of firsts for me.
First time having to attach one PE part to another. (Attaching posts for rudder to hang from)
First time having to blacken PE parts. (Used Birchwood Caseys Brass Black)
First time to do planking on a curve. (Spiled planks are a MUST)
First time actually completing an entire model. (YES!!!!!)
Great fun and feeling of accomplishment.
I am aware that there are quite a few errors in the build, but lessons learned.
Hoping to see more of your Victory cross section build. Have just finished the DeAgostini build myself sort of. I only had a few of the part works bought as a job lot from ebay and added bits from all over the place. Not a very accurate scale model but I was pleased with it and mummy let me display it in the lounge.
I am hoping to show more of the build soon.
Unfortunately, I can only do about 10-20 minutes of build a day, and then not every day, so progress is painfully slow.
But I have managed since I last posted, to complete the hammocks and the pumps.
I am now in the process of working on the brackets supporting the knees and the beams.
Then its a case of bringing all of the above together.
Will post a few pics of where I am soon.
Thanks for your interest mate.
Looking forward to your progress. I made a total mess of the hammocks and most ended up in the hammock netting on deck. Chain pumps were a poor scratch build and elm tree pumps too big from an other ship, but as I said before I did enjoy doing it.
I will have to admit that it was the hammocks that dampened my enjoyment of building this model.
They are really a B with an itch.
They came out 'OK', but seem to have a little twist in each of them.
Thank you for your kind comments.
Unfortunately, construction in the ship yard has all but ceased.
The workers are out on strike and management refuse to budge.
Negotiators have been called in, but these can be very protracted negotiations.
Hopefully things will resolve for the best in the near future.
We can but live in hope.