HMS Victory cross section (De'Agostini)

Ouch! Greg.
You are encouraging me to new heights.
I like it.
Treenails??
It does come with a stand, although it does appear somewhat rudimentary.
Will give it some thought, although work space and equipment are rather sparse.

View attachment 69960
Hey Brother,
Do not worry about the work space and equipment being rather sparse. Where there's a will, there's a way. You've got this Kemo-Sabe.

Ray

Have finished sanding the outer hull.
Have made the lids for the shot locker attached to the pumphouse.
Am busy planking the pump house.
Who would have thought such a small part could take so long to plank
Can only do a few planks at a time and then have to wait for them to dry.
You just look at them funny and they go all over the place.

Finally!!
Really enjoyed that.
Pumphouse finally completed, with shot locker doors attached and shot in the lockers.
Only a couple of unsavoury words were heard when fitting the channel covers. (Not sure what they are called)
I got the procedure reversed, and attached the pumphouse before putting the channel covers in place.
Getting the inside one's in place was a nightmare.
But, I am happy with the result.

IMG_5573.JPG

IMG_5570.JPG

IMG_5571.JPG

It's looking great Brother. One question I must ask. Will you add ballast and barrels to the hold area near the pumphouse? I ask because now would be a great time to add those details before the orlop deck goes up. Food for thought Brother.

Ray

Thanks for the comments Ray.
Yes, there is balast and barrels going in the hold.
Will check the build and see at what stage they want me to install them, and perhaps change the order of installation.
I think they want them installed later to avoid getting everything covered in sanding dust.
Planning on putting a few coiled ropes in as well. Not in the build inventory.

That's a great idea Brother. That would go on the orlop deck, but just remember that the anchor cable should be a certain size in order to pull it off. Also you may want to consider box crates in certain areas. Mind you, at the size you are working at, I am not sure if it would be feasible but man would that rock.

Ray

That's a great idea Brother. That would go on the orlop deck, but just remember that the anchor cable should be a certain size in order to pull it off. Also you may want to consider box crates in certain areas. Mind you, at the size you are working at, I am not sure if it would be feasible but man would that rock.

Ray

Like the idea of crates. Saw them on another model and they really looked good.
I take it when you say 'that would go on the orlop deck', you are referring to the ropes?
I would presume that it would be too damp for ropes in the hold?

Like the idea of crates. Saw them on another model and they really looked good.
I take it when you say 'that would go on the orlop deck', you are referring to the ropes?
I would presume that it would be too damp for ropes in the hold?
Yes, The orlop deck was designed in such a way as to ensure that it would allow plenty of air circulation around the damp anchor cables in order to dry. There were also slats on the deck to ensure that it got air there as well.

Ray

Brother, you're rocking and rolling big time. The addition of extra boards and barrels would be a nice touch as well.

Ray

Back