HMS Victory Mantua 1:78 (first build) by Grant Tyler

Good afternoon guys. My Mom hasn’t been super well lately but she is back to her active self (84 years and never stops). She sent me a pic of her painting my Victory :
View attachment 407205
Cheers Grant
What a GREAT MOM / PICTURE !!
My mom made soms large embroideries of sailing ships.
Mom’s are the biggest fans!
Regards, Peter

Good afternoon guys. My Mom hasn’t been super well lately but she is back to her active self (84 years and never stops). She sent me a pic of her painting my Victory :
View attachment 407205
Cheers Grant
Grant, that is so special! I absolutely love it! Tell your mom I think she’s precious. And her son is special too.

I love those photos, Grant! It is not so special about your Victory model (this post), it is about your mom painting your Victory model! Kudos and respect to your MOM!!
A Mother's Love.
WoW! That is so nice Grant. Thank you for sharing.
Wow, how nice and sweet of her. Great work as well. Mom's are the best! Thumbs-Up
Wow, great news and great painting!
You have a lovely mother and she definitely loves you very much, the picture looks promis.
bless you both :)
Great picture Grant
Send my regards and congrats to your Mom
What a GREAT MOM / PICTURE !!
My mom made soms large embroideries of sailing ships.
Mom’s are the biggest fans!
Regards, Peter
I love this picture of your mom Grant; she is a very accomplished artist I see.
Health to your mother and long life.The sky turned out well.
So beautiful and geat talent.
All the health to your mother
I think your mom is surpassing you in the talents department, even in her eighties. ;)
What a mother won't do for her son? Great picture Grant, your Mom certainly has talent! Thanks for sharing Thumbsup
Thanks fantastic, thank you for sharing.
I love this post Grant! There is nothing like a Mother's love for her son(s). And now we see clearly where you get your artistic talent from, eh? ;)
Grant, that is so special! I absolutely love it! Tell your mom I think she’s precious. And her son is special too.
Wow guys. I shared your comments with my Mom. Literally brought a tears to her eyes. Thank you . She did give me motherly admonition to post an unfinished painting tho….. ROTF. She is an incredible lady. Cheers Grant

Good morning. Onto fixing the next horror. I carefully removed the Mantua side entrance with Grants painting debacle.
View attachment 373515View attachment 373514
The 3D part is very detailed and an excellent representation of the real ship. Here are the two parts old vs new:
View attachment 373517
Now what….
In this close up you can see the detail :
View attachment 373518
Here is the entrance on the real ship. The 3D part is very accurate.
View attachment 373519
Question- how do you paint the gold at this my minute scaleo_O:rolleyes:. No idea?????
Cheers Grant
Where were you able to find this entry? Cornwall Models? I would like to get a pair for the cross-section model I'm building. If I can get one, I'll give if a coat of shiny black, let it dry for a couple days and then with some very fine grit sandpaper to clean off the black on the raised detail.

Where were you able to find this entry? Cornwall Models? I would like to get a pair for the cross-section model I'm building. If I can get one, I'll give if a coat of shiny black, let it dry for a couple days and then with some very fine grit sandpaper to clean off the black on the raised detail.
Good morning. I bought this 3D part from Shapeways on line. It is pretty expensive tho. Cheers Grant

Good morning. I bought this 3D part from Shapeways on line. It is pretty expensive tho. Cheers Grant
I found a very nice one on Cornwall Model Boats that I am thinking about purchasing. For what its worth, if you are planning to paint your hull, the waterline on the original was 5'3" below the lowest gun port (ref: A.C. Bugler's book). In 1/96, this is about 16mm.

I found a very nice one on Cornwall Model Boats that I am thinking about purchasing. For what its worth, if you are planning to paint your hull, the waterline on the original was 5'3" below the lowest gun port (ref: A.C. Bugler's book). In 1/96, this is about 16mm.
Good evening, My Victory gun ports,wales and waterline are all according to the Mantua plans and stencils. Unfortunately these are not historically correct. This being my first build I am not doing anything more to her other than the display cabinet and perhaps giving the hull a coat of Matt poly to reduce the shine below the waterline. I must admit, I had a brilliant time building her. Cheers Grant

Good evening, My Victory gun ports,wales and waterline are all according to the Mantua plans and stencils. Unfortunately these are not historically correct. This being my first build I am not doing anything more to her other than the display cabinet and perhaps giving the hull a coat of Matt poly to reduce the shine below the waterline. I must admit, I had a brilliant time building her. Cheers Grant
And we were chuffed observing your build.

Hi Grant
You did an outstanding job on the Victory.
Congratulations

Back