Ingermanland 1715 (2014) * Shi Cheng * 1:50 Scale

Jimsky

Staff member
Blandford Group Build

Det går veldig bra, takk for at du spør! På grunn av ferien har jeg ikke jobbet med den så mye jeg vil. Kanskje snart begynner jeg å plankere skroget med det andre laget av planke
ENG Translation: It goes very well, thanks for asking! Because of the holiday, I have not worked with it as much as I want. Perhaps soon I begin to plan the hull with the other layer of planks

Viktor98

And you guys didn't think I'd be back! :p

Well, after reading up on planking, looking at photos, and worrying about the dreaded garboard plank, I took the plunge last week and gave it my best shot...and I was happy with it :D
So, this week I began laying down the second layer of planking and I have to say that I've been enjoying this step. I do have some concerns regarding the wales, and how they will meet the hull planking, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. For now, I'm just going to have a great time working my way up the hull a bit ;)
I did make a minor mistake when laying down the planks next to the garboard, but I'm still really pleased with the outcome. This is really fun, and as long as there are no big mistakes, I'm good :cool:

IMG_20190201_173648250_HDR.jpg