INTRODUCTIONS

Hello Jan, Welcome aboard this great Bluenose build group. I will be a bit late starting I believe as I am in the midst of rigging my Oliver Cromwell.
Here I thought that my Old Ship Yard was small and here you are working on around 1/2 the work area that I have. But then again we manage to get by with what space we have. Up here in cold Country Canada, this model ship building sure dose fill in those long winter days. And I also find it very enjoyable at that.
Regards Lawrence

@Dean62 Dean, my friend, now you have made me REALLY excited! To those members of the Bluenose group Build who may not know, Dean is building the Cazador Xebec at the moment and is doing a MIGHTY fine job of it. Check out his build in the Kit Building section.

The Bluenose is a kit that will really suit your style of building. The only issue is that I will have to put you down for two kits, because once you have build the example for your son, there is no way that you will want to be without one! :)

You have been added, young man! Thumbsup

A little about me... I work in the R&D Engineering group for an Oil and Gas company as an Inventor, developing new products on 3D CAD.
I’m also an artist, musician (guitar) and wood worker. And of course an avid model builder, who recently found wooden ship models. My first build was the Norske Love. It wasn’t completed due to an accident during moving. I was as far as the completion of the standing rigging (about 2 years). So I switched gears and started the build of the Cazador Zebec. I have a San Felipe that just arrived from ZHL 1:50 scale.
However the Bluenose has grown on me.
I think it’s the long sleek hull, the beautiful deck with nibbing, and those beautiful sails. I find myself wanting to have this ship in my collection. However I really want to plank the entire deck, and put on the sails.
So my question to Heinrich, is it possible to get the scaled plan of the sails to use as a pattern to sew? Also would it be possible to pay extra to get both sides of the deck included? Basically add another sheet that has the deck planks.
Thanks! I really think I’m going to be building one of these soon!
I forgot to mention I am French and Italian on my dad’s side, and German on my moms side, born in the US...age 58

Last edited:
@Pathfinder65 Jan, it is great to see a picture of you - thank you for the photograph! Now I know what my friend in Maine looks like! :)
Hi Heinrich,

Your photo was great to see also. I find it amazing that the electronic distance that we use seems to be a lot shorter than the miles that separate our physical locations. Who would have ever thought that when I installed the first "Lantastic System" in my office and wired in three PC's so many years ago that we can now chat instantly with people all over the globe. :D:D

Jan

HI JAN AND ALL, ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES IS THIS MY GENERATION WAS BROUGHT UP ON THE RADIO, MY CHILDRENS ON TV, MY GRANDCHILDREN ON COMPUTERS, WHAT THE HELL IS NEXT, AND AS MANY KNOW I AM A COMPUTER ILLITERATE WHEN I OPE MY LAP TOP AND IT DOES NOT PERFORM THERE IS A PHONE CALL TO MY DAUGHTER FIRST THING. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

It gives me great pleasure to introduce my "partner" to you all - Xiuli of YuanQing. Xiuli has been my point of contact right from the very beginning and we have built up a great understanding in a very short time. She is absolutely wonderful to work together with and is most attentive to the need of all our SOS members.

View attachment 196756
We all need compatible and supportive people around us and you are fortunate to have found her or she found you I would think by relating to your inner-self which expresses more than outward expressions and gestures. You both have my gratitude for what you bring to SoS and in the culture around you. Rich (PT-2)

Hello Jan, Welcome aboard this great Bluenose build group. I will be a bit late starting I believe as I am in the midst of rigging my Oliver Cromwell.
Here I thought that my Old Ship Yard was small and here you are working on around 1/2 the work area that I have. But then again we manage to get by with what space we have. Up here in cold Country Canada, this model ship building sure dose fill in those long winter days. And I also find it very enjoyable at that.
Regards Lawrence
Thank you for the welcome. I’m really looking forward to the various build logs.

My shipyard is a handy little nook on our second floor. The major sawdust events are held in the basement or outdoors weather permitting. We have a heated basement but unfortunately over half of that is occupied by my other hobby - a large scale railroad. :D:D
Jan

View attachment 199236
As I wait for the package to arrive I thought It may be a good time to show myself. Here I am with my babe on my deck waiting for the ribs in the smoker. This picture is taken off my deck last spring.
Hello Don,
Nice to see the face behind the reply's!
My contribution comes asap. (Hurry-up DHL/Fedex)
Regards, Peter

Well I will have to post a photo when the Admiral is home to assist, I don't like the selfie look.

I am 62 for another month, spent 24 years in US Air Force, as aircraft mechanic, photographer and medical supply management. I am married to most loving lady for 40+ years.

My hobby interests are HO model trains, model ship building and collecting, sailing small boats, I have a 14' Lido, which needs repairs to be sea worthy again. I also dabble in old fashion ceramics and have a collection of molds most of which I got for free.

My sons and I have been members of Boy Scouts of America, and also was member of BSA Sea Scout ship, which is equal to BS troop. We have sailed canoes, small single mast one/two person boats, and our group also had a 22' ship to sail on our beautiful land locked lake in central Oklahoma.

Well I will have to post a photo when the Admiral is home to assist, I don't like the selfie look.

I am 62 for another month, spent 24 years in US Air Force, as aircraft mechanic, photographer and medical supply management. I am married to most loving lady for 40+ years.

My hobby interests are HO model trains, model ship building and collecting, sailing small boats, I have a 14' Lido, which needs repairs to be sea worthy again. I also dabble in old fashion ceramics and have a collection of molds most of which I got for free.

My sons and I have been members of Boy Scouts of America, and also was member of BSA Sea Scout ship, which is equal to BS troop. We have sailed canoes, small single mast one/two person boats, and our group also had a 22' ship to sail on our beautiful land locked lake in central Oklahoma.
Welcome aboard! A few of us have also sailed small boats in the past and if you have any photos of the BSA Scout Ship aboard or of those craft it would be interesting to see those as some of our members are building small sailboats but have not sailed deep blue or shallow inland lakes. Rich (PT-2)

Back