JABEQUE, TIPO JORGE JUAN [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hola Ramón, hermoso trabajo, una consulta, ¿con qué material has hecho los diferentes cabos de la jarcia? Resultan muy realistas, felicitaciones!

Hello Ramón, beautiful work, a query, with what material have you made the different ropes of the rigging? They are very realistic, congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Son hilos de algodón teñidos por mi

They are cotton threads dyed by me
Gracias por la pronta respuesta, un detalle ¿fueron teñidos con té, anilina u otra sustancia? Lo intenté con pintura acrílica (algo diluida) y el resultado fue muy decepcionante. Saludos cordiales.

Thanks for the prompt response, a detail, were they dyed with tea, aniline or another substance? I tried it with acrylic paint (somewhat diluted) and the result was very disappointing. Best regards.

Gracias por la pronta respuesta, un detalle ¿fueron teñidos con té, anilina u otra sustancia? Lo intenté con pintura acrílica (algo diluida) y el resultado fue muy decepcionante. Saludos cordiales.

Thanks for the prompt response, a detail, were they dyed with tea, aniline or another substance? I tried it with acrylic paint (somewhat diluted) and the result was very disappointing. Best regards.
Con tinte para ropa en distintas concentraciones

With clothing dye in different concentrations

Very interesting details - such lateen rigging is so interesting and completely different
Many Thanks for sharing your progress Thumbsup

Congratulations for finalization of this amazing model
Great model my friend - and many thanks for sharing with us your journey !

Off course I have to ask, because I know, that you are a un-resting modeler -> What is the next project?

My next project is not a ship. It is a model of the tabernacle of Moses according to Exodus for my Church. I hope to take a couple of months and then start another naval model
Do you know, that we have also for other projects an area? Why not.......

This is a very beautiful model and it will be most certainly added to the SOS Showcase Gallery soon.

I am curious about where the wheel is on this jabeque? Is it perhaps just a tiller? Seems like it would be near the stern on the gun deck so a bit tricky to communicate with the captain.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back