Today 2 (!) Buddha statues arrived, apparently they produced the first statue, although they emailed me that there might be some troubles. After a gave the permission to print it anyway, they made the second and send them both in separate boxes! Great service and a beautiful quality. But judge for yourself.
They are really small (only 34 mm high), but compared with the monk on proper scale they look really impressive!
Today I have done some work on the Buddha statue. First I painted it gold and then I put some black wash on it, which really added contours and realism to the statue. The difference between the unpainted statue and the painted one speaks for itself.
I am not really bothered by the "grainy" surface that you see on the enlarged picture here above. On scale it isn't disturbing at all and the statue is located inside the Central Hall and hidden behing a grate.
The grate I painted with a very dark brown color as well as the wall behind the statue. It is very hard to get a sharp picture of the statue with my telephone because it focusses constantly on the grate. I used the white statue to get a better idea of the height of the base.
Thanks a lot for the likes and comments, it really gives me a warm feeling in these cold winter days...
I have finally started to work on the Central Hall. First of all I made the extension in the back and painted the whole central core of the construction white. Also the first parts of the construction were painted in the beautiful red color.
Then I had to do some work on the LED lighting. I needed some extra light because I thought it was a little bit too dark in the interior and I wanted to make it easy to assemble and disassemble, so that it would not be a bother when I was building.
Therefore I made two wooden panels with the lamps, wiring and the resistor on it and made it so that they can slide between two little woodstrips. That makes it easy when I need to fix something in the future.
Today I finished the lighting in the hall and I am really happy with it. In the end I put in some extra lamps (8 in total now), put them a bit lower and at another angle so the statue could be placed a bit more in the front and I replaced the battery with an 18V adapter. Now it is perfectly illuminated!
It is now time to continue with the woodwork that has to be placed against the central core. I fixed them temporarily with masking tape with the sticky side up on a board to paint all the parts red.