La Belle 1/36 - Plan by Jean Boudriot / myself

Hi Oliver!

Long gone are the days when modelling books recommended a fretsaw, drill and a few files. Today there are lathes, milling machines and . . . I can just about hold back on many machine acquisitions, although the desire is there.

Congratulations on the new accquisition!!! Hopefully you do not run out of stand- and workspace for the ship model. ;) :eek:

Good luck and have fun with the new tool!
Thomas
good luck with the new cnc

Here is yet another project that I was receiving regular updates on, but then - apparently - I wasn't, after a time. I don't understand why this happens. I'll have to go into my junk folder to see whether updates have suddenly been re-routed there. Can any of the moderators chime-in on why this happens? I really love this model, among many others, but I am often surprised to see what progress has been made without my knowing about it.

As always, great work, Oliver!

Here is yet another project that I was receiving regular updates on, but then - apparently - I wasn't, after a time. I don't understand why this happens. I'll have to go into my junk folder to see whether updates have suddenly been re-routed there. Can any of the moderators chime-in on why this happens? I really love this model, among many others, but I am often surprised to see what progress has been made without my knowing about it.

@Jimsky @zoly99sask Gents any clue to help Marc with this issue?

Hi,I know the reason because it happens with me all the time,for some reason the system is not sending notifications if you are not commenting on a topic for a certain longer period of time even if you are « following « the log/thread,to avoid this is better to comment on the followed log time to time to « refresh » the system to get bell motifications on new posts.

Hallo Oliver,

schöne Arbeit - Wirklich guuuut

I love your way of partly covering and partly open structure - in my opinion very tasteful
Not too much, not boring, everywhere slightly different - your model is showing the structure well - and with this it is very interesting.

I hope to see your model once in reality, after the Pandemic in one of the next meet and greets .......

Thanks Uwe.
Tha planking is a little bit strange. You love it or you hate it. I tried to show the maximum of the beams but i need as well the planking for the canons, eyebolts, and a lot of other parts. The deck, the whole La Belle, is too small to show everything. To get the Eierlegende Wollmilchsau is difficult with this little tiny thing.

Thanks Uwe.
Tha planking is a little bit strange. You love it or you hate it. I tried to show the maximum of the beams but i need as well the planking for the canons, eyebolts, and a lot of other parts. The deck, the whole La Belle, is too small to show everything. To get the Eierlegende Wollmilchsau is difficult with this little tiny thing.
I know these thoughts very well - I am just at the same stage with my Coureur
A good planing is important to get a tasteful result.
Good that taste is subjective - and here I am very objective

Hi Oliver!

It is the many small things that lead to a beautiful model. 100th to 1000th considerations and their implamentations in practice. If I show my progress of a small component to my familie, they say "beautiful". How long I have tinkered and measured only I know or a tinkering collegue. After the small results at becomes a beautiful whole.

Best regards
Thomas

Back