La Belle 1684 - Caf Model 1:48 by Gennaro [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very good and accurate work on the windlass - and thanks for showing us the individual working steps - well done!

Small update. Placed few planks on the deck. Interestingly, there is no waterway - spirketting sits on top of margin plank. Down the road I'll put few more planks in the middle. Thanks for all the likes and comments. Much appreciated.

IMG_0253.JPG
IMG_0254.JPG
IMG_0258.JPG
IMG_0259.JPG

Absolutely love the idea of two-color planks, it made a very nice contrast! Thumbs-Up
Thanks, Jim! I've seen such an arrangement in the number of builds and loved it. So I said, what the heck, I'll try it. Turned out nice - cherry framing and castello boxwood/holly/white maple planking.

I am not sure why your aren't 100 % happy with it. In those pictures the ship looks great. And a job very neat and professional.

Well done !
Daniel

I see your gun ports very well cut/square. Can you show me in a scrap piece of good your technique. Soon. I will need to cut windows on the Pegasus.

Thank you !!
Daniel

I am not sure why your aren't 100 % happy with it. In those pictures the ship looks great. And a job very neat and professional.

Well done !
Daniel
Thank you, Daniel! Much appreciated. It's just the wood I'm not too fond off. Man, it looks like furniture. I wish I planked it in that lovely swiss pear you used on your Pegasus.

I see your gun ports very well cut/square. Can you show me in a scrap piece of good your technique. Soon. I will need to cut windows on the Pegasus.

Thank you !!
Daniel
Daniel,
I did not cut gun ports, frames were installed with cut outs for gun ports. Upper/lower sills were installed on the model. Not a good idea, in retrospect. It assumes that frames are perfectly positioned on the keel. In my case, they were not. To get the right shape I had to add tiny shims on 2 or 3 gun portsand now, to cover my mistakes, I have to plank both sides! Thanks for your interest.

Happy birthday Gennaro and may there be many more so that you can delight us with your expertise. Don't be too critical of the wood - I sometimes get frustrated that these super-sophisticated woods don't look like wood anymore - I would have been very happy with that result!

Many thanks, my friends! Much appreciated.Beer@Heinrich I hear you, Heinrich. Some people go to such extent to cut only few planks out of the whole board with no visible grain whatsoever. In the end, the model looks like plastic. Thanks for your interest.

Hello Gennaro, I just found this log and I am blown away by this tiny build and the precision and craftsmanship you are bringing to it. What you and others accomplish is mind-numbing. Congratulations! I'll be tracking your progress and cheering you on if that's alright.

Hello Gennaro, I just found this log and I am blown away by this tiny build and the precision and craftsmanship you are bringing to it. What you and others accomplish is mind-numbing. Congratulations! I'll be tracking your progress and cheering you on if that's alright.
Thank you Paul, kind sir. Much appreciated and inspiring. Speaking of tiny build, I'm blown away by miniature painted carvings on your Vasa. That's something I'd never attempt.

Back