La Belle 1684 - Caf Model 1:48 by Gennaro [COMPLETED BUILD]

A great technique to taper and make a hexagonal shape, many thanks for sharing! As the result, the pumps looking very vell build! What do you use for the metal work?

Thank you gentlemen, for your kind words, interest all the loves and likes. Much appreciated and encouraging! @Jimsky For the metal work I used brass strips and two diameter brass wire. Straps on tubes are not made of brass - it's 1mm black tape that I simply wrapped around.

Gennaro... probably you know this. If you want to get the same effect like you did with your black tape, you can use:

See this picture:

20210414_150729.jpg

You shrink them with heat.

Cheers
Daniel

Gennaro... probably you know this. If you want to get the same effect like you did with your black tape, you can use:

See this picture:

View attachment 227387

You shrink them with heat.

Cheers
Daniel
Dang twice today! First Maarten with his hinges and now this. I wish I knew this before. I guess, if I asked question, pumps would end up looking better. Made a mental note about asking questions! Many thanks Daniel, you are a wealth of information. Milling bits you recommended are on the way.

Dang twice today! First Maarten with his hinges and now this. I wish I knew this before. I guess, if I asked question, pumps would end up looking better. Made a mental note about asking questions! Many thanks Daniel, you are a wealth of information. Milling bits you recommended are on the way.
Oh men.... your pumps looks amazing as they are !!!!

This is just another trick I learned here at SOS.

Cheers
Daniel

Deck is filling up slowly. Riding bitts, hatches with (some) coamings, breast hooks, hawse holes and forecastle deck clamps with associated beams. Nothing special here. The most difficult part was breast hook right under hawse holes - 10 (!) attempts and still not quite right. Unlike main deck clamps, here I did not cheat - forecastle clamps were made in one piece each using Oliver's trick. Beams are not glued yet. Thanks for your interest, comments and likes. Much appreciated as always. When it works - sing and dance, when it doesn't - curse and swear :) Few pics of the current state of the model:

IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG

Deck is filling up slowly. Riding bitts, hatches with (some) coamings, breast hooks, hawse holes and forecastle deck clamps with associated beams. Nothing special here. The most difficult part was breast hook right under hawse holes - 10 (!) attempts and still not quite right. Unlike main deck clamps, here I did not cheat - forecastle clamps were made in one piece each using Oliver's trick. Beams are not glued yet. Thanks for your interest, comments and likes. Much appreciated as always. When it works - sing and dance, when it doesn't - curse and swear :) Few pics of the current state of the model:

View attachment 229035
View attachment 229036
View attachment 229037
View attachment 229038

Now I understand why I spent more time cursing and swearing with my Pegasus than singing and dancing... you explained it very clear ... HA HA :)

As always very precise and clean job. Looking very nice !!!

Daniel

View attachment 229035
View attachment 229036
View attachment 229037
View attachment 229038
Looks fantastic! Great job Gennaro!

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words, loves and likes! Much appreciated.

@Dematosdg Daniel, cursing and swearing department is where I spend most of my ship modelling time :D. Got burrs you recommended, already tried them on breasthook - work like charm. Thanks.

@Jimsky Jim, tubes are simple aluminum ones, nothing fancy.

@dockattner Paul, Thanks for the compliments, but not much to aspire here. Every now and then I stare at your round tops in awe. If I had to make them, I'd have to spend some time in psychiatric unit or rehab.

@Dean62 Thanks Dean, it means a LOT!

Hello everybody, built few things recently: rudder/tiller, mizzen mast step and ship's stove. What went wrong? Dyslexia kicked in and now my stove is the mirror image of the intended one - it's supposed to go on the starboard side. Since nothing goes on the port side, that's where my stove will go. Also, grates look bit out of scale. Another thing regarding stove. What's missing? POT! Well, it's gonna be "No soup for you! Come back one year!"

Here are few pictures. Thanks for stopping by, all the likes and comments. Much appreciated. Take care fellas.

IMG_0341.JPG
IMG_0342.JPG
IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG
IMG_0347.JPG

Hello everybody, built few things recently: rudder/tiller, mizzen mast step and ship's stove. What went wrong? Dyslexia kicked in and now my stove is the mirror image of the intended one - it's supposed to go on the starboard side. Since nothing goes on the port side, that's where my stove will go. Also, grates look bit out of scale. Another thing regarding stove. What's missing? POT! Well, it's gonna be "No soup for you! Come back one year!"

Here are few pictures. Thanks for stopping by, all the likes and comments. Much appreciated. Take care fellas.

View attachment 232446
View attachment 232447
View attachment 232448
You do a very high quality job, and achieve very beautiful results

Back