La Belle Poule 1780 by Thomas

Using hand tools (old school) is just a feast to my eyes. But...with such a statement, I might give the wrong assumption that I don't like new technology. I do and use this technology whenever I can\able, but I agree with Peter @Peter Voogt that it brings a lot of memories with it...

It is a pleasure to read your posts ..... and good workmanship too
Many Thanks for sharing with us

P7110222 - Kopie.JPG
After cutting out the gun ports on the port side, the starboard side follows.

P7110219 - Kopie.JPG
The construction plan of the kit has a uniform course of the cannon ports.

P7110218 - Kopie.JPG
In the "Ancre" plan, the last opening with the window on the right is 1 mm higher, but why?

P7110220 - Kopie.JPG
A check with the test gun showed this picture. The gun barrel is not centered in the window.

P7110221 - Kopie.JPG
The same picture obtained with a test plank inside the ship. I have to be careful when mounting the frame fillings (as with "Ancre" 1 mm higher).

Maybe someone is already much further in the ship assembly and can give me some advice.

Best regards
Thomas

P7150224.JPG

P7150232.JPG
Now all the cannon openings are cut out according to the specified pattern. The view towards the stern. . .

P7150230.JPG

P7150229.JPG
. . . and towards the bow.

Now we're going to Rochefort and La Rochelle on the French Atlantic coast for three weeks and to Paris for three days. So long the workshop and library is not available. I think that I will go back with new literature from the naval libraries and have seen some old forts on the Charente. Of course, a visit to the beautiful marine museum in Rochefort is not to be missed.

P7150233.JPG
After the return then the port sills are mounted.

P7150234.JPG
This is how it could look with an even distance to the deck then. For this I still have to measure a bit carefully.

See you soon
Thomas

Hallo Thomas,
nice perspective views - a very interesting model kit
and by the way you are doing a very good job - accurative and clean work !!!!
and I wish you a nice holiday in Rochefort - a beautiful area - I enjoyed my stay there very much some years ago

Bonjour et félicitation pour vos travaux que je suis avec attention sur le forum.
Etant bientôt à la retraite j'hésite à me lancer dans une telle construction.
J'ai une question concernant le prix complet de ce kit pour une expédition en France. Le prix de vente du kit est de 665$ pour l'Europe.
Est-ce-qu'il faut ajouter en plus des taxes douanière, des frais de port, autres. ... si oui, avez vous une idée approximative de ces surcoûts.
J'ai vu sur le forum une simulation sur un autre kit, mais je ne retrouve pas l'article.
Autres question: Si par erreur en faisant une fausse manip on casse ou abime une pièce y a t-il un moyen de la réapprovisionner ?
Merci d'avance pour vos réponses.

English translate by Google
Hello and congratulations for your work that I follow with attention on the forum.
Being soon retired I hesitate to embark on such a construction.
I have a question regarding the full price of this kit for shipping to France. The retail price of the kit is $665 for Europe.
Do we have to add customs taxes, shipping costs, etc.? ... if so, do you have an approximate idea of these additional costs.
I saw on the forum a simulation on another kit, but I can't find the article.
Other questions: If by mistake, by making a wrong manipulation, a part is broken or damaged, is there a way to restock it?
Thank you in advance for your answers.

Hi Cathber!

I ordered 2021 the kit directly from Sail & Sail Model using the envelop function next to your own logged in name. There was a discount for SOS members plus shipping and paypal costs but no custums fees. Delivery time 14 days.

1658000822203.png

The model can also be ordered under Announcement Belle Poule kit is back on stock.

1658000698879.png

With both order types you get the delivery conditions displayed. In direct mail contact with Sail & Sail could be answered for me at that time all questions directly. The model is still produced and then are certainly spare parts. Contact language is english (very pleasant contact).

There are still two recommendable build reports of Belle Poule 1780 by Donnie and Belle Poule 1780 by Zoly99sask .

Best regards
Thomas

Last edited:
After now already three construction reports of the "La Belle Poule" are now active I thought it does not need another? And because I am months behind and build carefully and slowly I do not want to repeat everything and show only certain procedures?

I greet all patient and curious observers!

View attachment 298323
The contents of the kit delivery.

View attachment 298324
The parts needed for the first assembly platform.

View attachment 298325
The cutting of the small mounting points.

View attachment 298327
The jig is held together only by tape. I think that I will have to disassemble the jig again for observation when attaching individual components. In the photo are the tools needed so far.

Best regards
Thomas
Hallo Thomas alias @Thomas Marocke
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Genieße den Tag

Back