La Belle Poule 1780 by Thomas

Witaj
Wszystkiego najlepszego dużo zdrowia i samych pięknych modeli . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hi Thomas
How is your Belle Poule coming along?

Hallo Thomas.
I wish you a very Happy Birthday Birthday-Cake
This evening I have studied your build log, admirable crisp work and very informative.

Hello my dear friends!

Thank you very much for the birthday wishes!

After an eye operation and a long wait until my vision in the near range has stabilized sufficiently, I got a suitable pair of glasses. In the meantime of the waiting one of my daughters has taken possession of my workshop and used it as a workshop for her architecture studies. Of course I am very happy and proud that she now wants to use the tools and machines on her own initiative and thirst for knowledge with sufficient instruction. However, in a few days we will have to create our own areas so that I can finally model again. My child is very space-consuming and always "forget" to clean up afterwards. ROTF But we will come to an agreement. Ship-1

Best regards
Thomas

Hello my dear friends!

After an eye operation and a long wait until my vision in the near range has stabilized sufficiently, I got a suitable pair of glasses. In the meantime of the waiting one of my daughters has taken possession of my workshop and used it as a workshop for her architecture studies. Of course I am very happy and proud that she now wants to use the tools and machines on her own initiative and thirst for knowledge with sufficient instruction. However, in a few days we will have to create our own areas so that I can finally model again. My child is very space-consuming and always "forget" to clean up afterwards. ROTF But we will come to an agreement. Ship-1

Best regards
Thomas
Good morning Thomas. I am happy to hear your vision is stabilised. Children…it doesn’t matter what age they are we are always happy to make sacrifices for their betterment. I look forward to your agreement being made and seeing you work on your model again. Cheers Grant

Hello my dear friends!

Best regards
Thomas
I also love it to be together with my daughter in the workshop - last weekend "we" finalized a wooden Dinosaur which can walk with an electric motor..... I am so proud - I guess the same with you

Hello my dear friends!

Best regards
Thomas
Dear Thomas
I am glad to hear that you are recovering and I join in the wishes of the friends that you will recover fully and that you will be able to return to full creativity. Children are a blessing and indeed it is a happiness that they and we find common spaces and areas of interest to create, while maintaining everyone's personal space.
Good luck dear friend

It's nice to hear Thomas that you survived your eye surgery well and will soon be able to show us pictures of your progress again. Children are a blessing and happiness, I don't want to be without any of my three kids anymore. And neither do my grandchildren.

Hey, Thomas! Great to hear everything went well, and also you will have the company. It should be a great tandem!

Today was the first day I could build again!

After I noticed that the gun ports are always placed deeper and deeper towards the stern, I measured the whole thing to the French blueprint.

PA310397.JPG
There the distances to the deck are always the same.

PA310395.JPG
Thus, a spacer was created for the top edge of the lower frame of gun port 8.

PA310394.JPG
Checking the gun port filling pieces 8.

PA310396.JPG

PA310400.JPG
For the aft gun ports, new higher lower frames must be made according to the pattern.

PA310398.JPG

PA310399.JPG
Dimensional check with the compass.

PA310401.JPG
If all gun ports are corrected upward, the guns will fit no matter where they are mounted.

Best regards
Thomas

Back