La Renommée - French Frigate 1744 (1/48) - Based on Monographie from J. BOUDRIOT

Hello Gentlemen,

Thank you for your feedback.

The Leds ramp is now definitely in place :

The false deck is glued.

Here is a lighting test. The brightness satisfies me : the goal is not to let it light up permanently but to be able to show the inside of the hold on occasion ...

So let there be light :

So much for this day. I enjoyed myself ...

Patrick
Very effective! Like it

Ted

Hi Uwe !

Thank you. I actually asked myself the question of cutting away or not a few frames ... Finally, the answer was "no" : this row of frames is so pretty that I did not want to sacrifice them, moreover, I prefer to let guess what which is hidden inside the hold, finally it's my opinion.

Have a good day.
Patrick

Hi Uwe !

Thank you. I actually asked myself the question of cutting away or not a few frames ... Finally, the answer was "no" : this row of frames is so pretty that I did not want to sacrifice them, moreover, I prefer to let guess what which is hidden inside the hold, finally it's my opinion.

Have a good day.
Patrick
Well explained and you are right - I fully understand your decision -> I hope to see this model once more in real life
For explanation:
Patrick and myself met personally in Rochefort (France) during an international Convention of model shipbuilding

Hallo Patrick,
she is looking very good - very accurate work on the wales and the deck finish - the "colors" of the timber - very good appearance. Thumbsup Thumbsup
Unfortunately the photo of the top-view is small - it would be better to download them here in the forum to see the full size

I have seen model builds and on many builds there are elements that I can say is "the best I have yet seen" to date. But this ... this is nothing short of exquisite. On the Dutch site of which I am also a member there is an emoji "bowing down in admiration". I think SOS administrators would be well advised to add this to their current selection as no other can adequately describe this build. This is surely the build of all builds. I salute you, Sir!

Hi Patrick
Thanks to you I had an hour of pleasure !!! The blog, the photos and above all the professional abilities you demonstrate are simply extra ordinary.
I have learned a lot from your working methods,
I will continue to follow you and after the construction process,
thank you very much for sharing:)Thumbsup

Hello Gentlemen !

Continuation of the work with the manufacture of a small tool that will make my job easier for what is to come ...

The photos speak for themselves :

I had to help this tool with pliers : the nails tended to escape ! But it works and will help me.

See you another time ...

Patrick

Hi Patrick. Your build much like a few others that are building French ships using Boudriot books, are bringing those ships to life and watching your build brings a lot of enjoyment to my old eyes. I do wish that the English had a Boudriot , Berti, Delacroix and a few others that I have not named, and this would cut down a lot of time on the researching of English ships and what is what. The English have a couple of good authors on what is what, such as Harland, Antscherl, Goodwin, Lavery, but small compared to the French. I have been a big fan of Collection Archeologie Navale for 35 years and my libaray is up to 72 books published by them and with out them, there would be a big loss in our understanding of how they were built doing that time period. Looking at how the French did it sometime lead one to how the English did it. Your log is a great addition to what Ancre has done and I am really am enjoying you's and other French build's and will be watching it blossom in to a ship.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for the comment ! It is true that we are lucky to have BOUDRIOT, DELACROIX etc ... I myself frequent the archives (those of Vincennes - near Paris) and I see the mass of work necessary to produce a monograph of a ship dating from the 18th century, while what about a ship from the 19th where there are many more plans ! Anyway, French, English ships ... or others, I admire people making magnificent models with a lot of patience, mastery and stubbornness : for me it is an art form in its own right.

Friendships.

Patrick

Hallo Patrick alias @Péji
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Longer time no update of your log - are you still working on your La Renommee ?

Hi Uwe, Thank you very much for the little note!
It is true that I have not updated anything since August last year : with the Covid and the successive confinements in France, my life has been changed, I have become closer to my family. "La Renommée" is not given up but simply put "to sleep".
See you soon, I hope ...
Patrick

Hi Uwe, Thank you very much for the little note!
It is true that I have not updated anything since August last year : with the Covid and the successive confinements in France, my life has been changed, I have become closer to my family. "La Renommée" is not given up but simply put "to sleep".
See you soon, I hope ...
Patrick
Many Thanks for your reply...... so we hope to see you and your Renommee soon
and keep care

After introducing myself, I open this "post" where I will show you the future evolutions of my model. I started construction 5 years ago now. I'm still in the hull ...

After a nice exhibition in Rochefort in October, return to the workshop for the continuation in some time ...

Patrick

View attachment 64418View attachment 64419
Hallo Patrick alias @Péji
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
How is your work on the La Renommee going?

Back