La Venus - French frigate from 1782 - scale 1:96 [COMPLETED BUILD]

There are differences in the price referring the handles, which type of wood and which form

I have contacted Michael Kirsanov in a query about the carving mini-chisels set. The set contains 23 chisels:

straight flat 0.7, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5, 3.0, and 3.5mm
half-round 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, 2.5,and 3.00mm
Oblique left and right sharpening 2.0 and 3.0mm
mini knife about 4.0mm
''V' shape chisel

Price varies depending on what type of wood you will choose for the handles (pen-style handles\box). The set can be made for Left\right handed people. There are 3 types of timbers for handles:

Beech (less expensive)
IMG_2735.JPG

Pearwood handles (more expensive)
IMG_2778.JPG...and the one made of a combination of timber (the most expensive)

IMG_27875.JPG

Also, there is another set with palm handles. I believe it comes with only one type of wood (pear)

IMG_29312.JPG

Hope this will help... :)

Your small guns are looking very good
I have one question to the overall final appearance: Will you lay some deck planking?
We can see that wheels of the guns are placed on some small blocks to get the correct height, also it is looking somehow different, with guns on top of beams and carlings - so maybe on some areas with planking?
70.jpg

Your small guns are looking very good
I have one question to the overall final appearance: Will you lay some deck planking?
We can see that wheels of the guns are placed on some small blocks to get the correct height, also it is looking somehow different, with guns on top of beams and carlings - so maybe on some areas with planking?
View attachment 215902
I have no intention of laying any decking on the decks.
I put that little board under the front wheels of the guns simply because some fell into the gaps between the beams.

I'm also very impressed Thumbsup
I have asked this once before in your L'Amarante thread but I did not express myself very well so you misunderstood. I hope you do not mind I rephrase my question and ask again.
In several of your pictures I see raw brass parts fixed (nailed or glued) to wood parts. On later pictures the same brass parts appear blackened. So my question is: Do you dismount / disassemble the brass parts from the wood again for blackening? Or do you put also the wood into the Brass Black chemicals? Or how do you do this?
Example:
1614780259787.png1614780446193.png

Sorry if I misunderstood your previous request.
Before fixing the metal parts to be browned to the wooden parts, I use to treat these wooden parts with a coat of shellac in order to plug the pores of the wood.
Then, to burnish the metal parts, just dip the tip of a small brush in the burnishing liquid and pass it only on the metal, drying everything as soon as the desired effect is obtained.

Back