La Venus - French frigate from 1782 - scale 1:96 [COMPLETED BUILD]

I started my new project, a little ambitious, on an almost impossible scale: I always admired extremely small models, always convinced that it would have been an impossible job for me. It's a challenge against myself!
View attachment 189822View attachment 189823View attachment 189824View attachment 189825View attachment 189826View attachment 189827View attachment 189828View attachment 189829View attachment 189830View attachment 189831
Hallo Gianpiero alias @Giampy65
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Very good work and a very good eye for the details. Thumbsup

One question to the railing - are they carved by yourself? Or how you made these extremely small rings? (red arrows)
65.jpg

And second a short remark, if it allowed:
The macro is showing this much bigger than real - I think these connecting areas (green arrows) would need some final cleaning

Very good work and a very good eye for the details. Thumbsup

One question to the railing - are they carved by yourself? Or how you made these extremely small rings? (red arrows)
View attachment 212041

And second a short remark, if it allowed:
The macro is showing this much bigger than real - I think these connecting areas (green arrows) would need some final cleaning
First question: Yes! they are not made of wood: it would have been impossible to make them to scale. I made them in cardboard, with a coat of shellac with black pigment. For carving, I used my small Russian tools, very useful for this type of work.

For the second question, I still have to refine and complete!

there is a Russian who is producing micro chisels in various sizes and profiles. They are by far the sharpest and best quality micro chisels I've come across and I highly recommend them. A set is pricey but it's likely the last set you'll ever need. His address is (or was)
mihail.kirsanov@mail.ru
This is my set:
View attachment 214108View attachment 214109View attachment 214110

Sorry, but may I show also mine from the same source?
IMG_37801.jpg IMG_37811.jpg

The are highest quality, unfortunately he is producing the sets (you can get also smaller one) only in limited numbers.....

Sorry, but may I show also mine from the same source?
View attachment 214368 View attachment 214369

The are highest quality, unfortunately he is producing the sets (you can get also smaller one) only in limited numbers.....

I sent an e-mail to him an waiting answer. Thanks for sharing the information both Giampy and Uwe.

Update :

E-mail address is still active and Mihail responde my mail.

Here what he sent :

Pen type pencil, beech tree, Photo # 1, 23 cutter

1.JPG

Pen type pencil pear, Photo # 2, 23 cutter

2.JPG

Decorative handle, Photo # 3, 23 cutter

3.JPG

Pear-shaped handle, Photo # 4, 23 cutter

4.JPG

Payment PayРal
Prices include shipping.

In the set :
flat direct :- 0,7. 1.0. 1,5. 2.0. 2,5. 3.0. 3,5. мм.
oblique flat :- 2,0. 3.0. мм the left and right sharpening (other sizes from 0.5 to 3.0 mm are possible)
semicircular :- 0,5. 0,6. 0,7. 0,8. 0,9. 1. 1,5. 2. 2,5. 3 мм.
mini knife
corner "V"

Attention! Grinding stone not included into a set.

Last edited:
Back