LaBelle 1:48, chinese kit, another building log [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi colls!

Decided to introduce my current project - as in the subject.
I've started this model long ago, 4 or 5 years ago, AFAIR.

Now, from the view of my current experience, I would not even start this model. Several reasons - the scale is too small for me (this is why it is mostly built from the scratch in 1:24), the quality of timber is poor, the quality of plans is poor.

But I set the Salamandre on pause and decided to finish LaBelle as I do not like unfinished models)). I want to finish all my kits and then turn to scratch)

What I have now - is almost completed hull - almost reatu to accept masting and rigging. But first I decided to improve the forepeak - previuosly assebled from the kit parts was demolished and a new one was scratched - in accordance with original plans from the monograph.

The next step will be to install all the details on the deck.

To be continued.20181202_191132.jpg20181202_190955.jpg20150201_161100.jpg

Hi colls!

Decided to introduce my current project - as in the subject.
I've started this model long ago, 4 or 5 years ago, AFAIR.

Now, from the view of my current experience, I would not even start this model. Several reasons - the scale is too small for me (this is why it is mostly built from the scratch in 1:24), the quality of timber is poor, the quality of plans is poor.

But I set the Salamandre on pause and decided to finish LaBelle as I do not like unfinished models)). I want to finish all my kits and then turn to scratch)

Det jeg har nå - er nesten fullført skrog - nesten reatu å akseptere masting og rigging. Men først bestemte jeg meg for å forbedre forepeaket - tidligere ble det avtalt fra kitdelene revet og en ny ble skrapet - i samsvar med originale planer fra monografen.

Det neste trinnet vil være å installere alle detaljer på dekk.

Fortsettelse følger. View attachment 65820View attachment 65821View attachment 65822[/SITAT]

Is this a ZHL-kit Tommel opp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi you said the timber is poor, did you ever think of changing the timber for a better quality timber, just a thought.

Denis.

Hi you said the timber is poor, did you ever think of changing the timber for a better quality timber, just a thought.

Denis.
Hi!

I do so now))) But the model was started several years ago whan I was not so experinced))

Masting and rigging will be completely scratched)

In the meantime over the years the chinese kit manufacturer learnt and the timber quality is now often much better than some years ago.
Or you can decide by yourself and define with your order which timber quality you want to have (and to pay)

In the meantime over the years the chinese kit manufacturer learnt and the timber quality is now often much better than some years ago.
Or you can decide by yourself and define with your order which timber quality you want to have (and to pay)
Sure, Uwek, the Salamandre I work on has much more better timber))

I will watch this build with great interest, as this one is on my to do list soon, does anyone know if the timber and especially the plans have been updated. THANKS Don

You are correct......did you had chance for any progress on your beautiful Salamandre?
Would like to see much more of your built....
Unfortunately, Salamandre is now suspended till May, 2019. I plan first to finish LaBelle and present her on Russian Championship in April 2019, as far as her readiness is much more higher)). Salamandre has turned into a long-lasting delight))).

Back