LE COMMERCE DE MARSEILLE SCALA 1/72

It is beautiful hull and a piece of technical art - I love the way you present the models - and I think we should add this model in the gallery, so @Donnie what do you think?

It is ok with me. I see several images near the end of the post that can be made presentable. Does this mean that the builder is agreeable with adding this hull to the CG?
It is indeed the most beautiful representation !!!

Last edited:
Buongiorno, ho ripreso momentaneamente il lavoro sul commercio. Sono state aperte tutte le cannoniere, sono stati messi tutti i rinforzi longitudinali (cinte, listoni modanati ed alcuni corsi di fasciame) e per ultimo sono stati messi i monachetti ei montanti delle mancorrenti.

Hello, I have temporarily resumed work on the trade. All the gunboats have been opened, all the longitudinal reinforcements have been put in (belts, molded planks and some planking courses) and lastly the monachetti and the uprights of the handrails have been placed.

IMG_2547.JPGIMG_2544.JPGIMG_2524.JPGIMG_2546.JPGIMG_2548.JPGIMG_2549.JPGIMG_2520.JPGIMG_2554.JPGIMG_2526.JPGIMG_2537.JPGIMG_2534.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Ciao a tutti, con questi ultimi avanzamenti mi fermo temporaneamente di nuovo col Commerce de Marseille per iniziare il Vascello Veneziano.

Hello everyone, with these latest advances I am temporarily stopping again with the Commerce de Marseille to start the Venetian Vessel.

IMG_2711.JPGIMG_2684.JPGIMG_2713.JPGIMG_2710.JPGIMG_2687.JPGIMG_2715.JPGIMG_2702.JPGIMG_2733.JPGIMG_2692.JPGIMG_2717.JPGIMG_2697.JPGIMG_2730.JPGIMG_2729.JPGIMG_2695.JPGIMG_2734.JPGIMG_2696.JPGIMG_2735.JPGIMG_2718.JPGIMG_2722.JPGIMG_2705.JPG

FB_IMG_1603015767387.jpgFB_IMG_1603015770925.jpgFB_IMG_1603015774171.jpgFB_IMG_1603015778717.jpgFB_IMG_1603015782274.jpg

Buongiorno, ho voluto eseguire il decoro floreale della frisata del Commercio di Marsiglia ricavato da una tavoletta di resina color avorio. La somiglianza all'avorio è veramente sorprendente, il colore e la grana fine danno al materiale un aspetto naturale. Inoltre si lavora come il legno, si taglia col traforo e si intaglia con le fresette. Valuterò in seguito se procedere con le altre sculture con questo materiale rifacendomi ai vecchi modelli d'arsenale esposti ai musei. Qui accanto posto due foto dove si possono osservare le sculture del 118 cannoni Ocean conservato al Museo della Marina.

Hello, I wanted to make the floral decoration of the Marseille Commerce frisata made from an ivory resin tablet. The resemblance to ivory is truly striking, the color and fine grain give the material a natural look. Furthermore, it is worked like wood, it is cut with a fretwork and carved with mills. I will later consider whether to proceed with the other sculptures with this material referring to the old arsenal models exhibited in museums. Here beside there are two photos where you can see the sculptures of the 118 Ocean cannons preserved in the Navy Museum.

If envy was virtue, I would be saint. I suppose there is Mozart in any field of human endeavour. Stunning work, Michele. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Buonasera, ho rifatto la decorazione floreale della frisata usando una placchetta di osso bovino. Alla fine ho optato per questa soluzione preferendo rimanere nei materiali naturali. Direi di gran lunga molto migliore anche se devo ammettere che inizialmente è stato più difficile lavorarla. Anche per le altre sculture che di norma erano bianche userò l'osso. Infine tutto il modello sarà trattato con gommalacca, bitume e cera cercando di osare una sfumatura un po 'più chiara rispetto a come avevo fatto con la Volage. Ho iniziato a fare anche la polena, per il momento mi limiterò a fare solo lo stemma.

google translator:
Good evening, I redid the floral decoration of the frisata using a plate of bovine bone. In the end I opted for this solution preferring to stay in natural materials. I would say much better by far although I must admit it was more difficult to work with initially. Also for the other sculptures that were usually white I will use bone. Finally, the whole model will be treated with shellac, bitumen and wax, trying to dare a shade a little lighter than what I did with the Volage. I also started making the figurehead, for the moment I will limit myself to making only the coat of arms.

IMG_3052.JPGIMG_3058.JPGIMG_3210.JPGIMG_3222.JPGIMG_3227.JPGIMG_3215.JPGIMG_3203.JPGIMG_3231.JPG

Ciao a tutti. Ho terminato la coroncina che andrà a formare lo stemma della polena.
Ho collocato i biglietti del paiolato della fossa delle gomene e dei vari depositi dei biscotti, alcuni solo a metà nello stile del modello. Ed anche per questo, come avevo già fatto con le due sezioni della Volage, farò un trattamento di vari passaggi di gommalacca, bitume e cera per dare quell'aspetto un po 'vissuto. Il lavoro è un po 'più complicato del precedente vista la particolarità dello scafo e le dimensioni più ridotte per poter effettuare queste operazioni. Ma è anche vero che ho alle spalle l'esperienza di un lavoro già fatto in precedenza e che mi è servito per portare dei miglioramenti.

Hi everyone. I have finished the crown that will form the emblem of the figurehead.
I placed the tickets for the cauldron of the cable pit and the various biscuit deposits, some only halfway in the style of the model. And also for this reason, as I had already done with the two sections of the Volage, I will do a treatment of various passages of shellac, bitumen and wax to give that slightly worn look. The work is a bit more complicated than the previous one due to the peculiarity of the hull and the smaller dimensions to be able to carry out these operations. But it is also true that I have the experience of a job already done previously and that it helped me to bring improvements.

IMG_3450.JPGIMG_3465.JPGIMG_3475.JPGIMG_3499.JPGIMG_3500.JPGIMG_3505.JPGIMG_3507.JPGIMG_3538.JPGIMG_3540.JPGIMG_3558.JPGIMG_3577.JPGIMG_3573.JPGIMG_3576.JPG

Bonjourno Michele!

Your carving talents can not be overstated. That crown must have been quite difficult to achieve.

I also like the effect of your internal finish work. One point of curiosity, though: why is the masking for the finish so approximate? Will the next deck’s finish simply blend into that of the hold? Is it just a matter of keeping timber that still must be glued to other structures free of finish?

Everything you do is so deliberate that I thought there must be a reason behind this.

Fantastic work, as always!

Back