Le Coureur 1776, model 1:48 by Adi

Thanks for likes and comments I received. Today I'm going to deal with the captain's cabin. Fitting the wall parts in relation to the deck beams required some patience. Chests and doors again received the hinges supplied in the kit, these are just enough to outfit one half of the ship.

Coureur_20211005_1.jpg

Coureur_20211006_1.JPG

......and now, what is about the nice little oven that is supposed to be in the captain's cabin.

Coureur_20211007_2.jpg

In Boudriot's monograph and in his drawings, this oven is not found. In CAF's construction manual, it appears only at the very end, as if one did not know exactly
whether it existed on the Coureur or not.
The most interesting final discovery was made by Uwe, that the compass box is exactly above the smoke outlet. That would be ahot mess in the truest sense of the word.

My question to you all, should the oven stay there ore not? At least as a nice decoration.

The last major interior task is now then cargo space with cargo. I am preparing crates, barrels an various othe things.
The barrels that you can have from CAF (are not included in the kit) are very large in terms of dimensions. I estimate between 750 and 1000 liters.
I can imagine that such large barrels may have been used for drinking water.

Coureur_20210928_3.jpg

Coureur_20211007_1.jpg

Last edited:
. . . In Boudriot's monograph and in his drawings, this oven is not found. In CAF's construction manual, it appears only at the very end, as if one did not know exactly
whether it existed on the Coureur or not.
. . .
My question to you all, should the oven stay there ore not?
I think (not completely sure) that the oven was not there as long (or rather as short ;)) as the ship was French. The Brits made several changes to the original construction of the lugger, not at least in the cabin area, after the ship was captured. I think most of us are ending up between 2 chairs, so to speak, but if you strive for historical correctness it might depend whether you are building Le Coureur (1776) or HMS Coureur (1778)

Many thanks for your likes and comments. The filling of the hold has begun. The productionof the large CAF barrels takes quite a lot of time. 2 layers of staves are placed on te sturdy inner frame. I ha dto make the brass barrelhoops out of cardboard, becaues the brass one's did not fit. You can't rally tell the difference.
The barresls are very large they need an extra outlet, which should get a tap in one of the barrels, because at any time water, (beer, wine, rum??) must be taken. So that nothing is lost, there is a bucket underneath.

I make the firewood out of pine roots, as they look roughly realistic to scale.

Coureur_20211014_1.jpg

Coureur_20211014_2.jpg

Coureur_20211015_1.jpg

Coureur_20211015_2.jpg

Coureur_20211015_3.jpg

Coureur_20211015_4.jpg

Really very good details my friend - The idea with the tap and the bucket is very good and a really nice detail.
I understood you in this way, that only one barrel will get a tap.....
Your model is getting step by step to a real very GOOD model Thumbsup Thumbsup Thumbsup

For the final arrangement:
I hope the barrel and the firewood is not fixed and only temporary arranged to show the detail, because you have to add still the ballast.
Either with the covered ballast room like prepared by the kit and the contemporary drawings (british period) or somehow open (french period).
So I think, that the water barrel can not be fitted on top of the keelson.

Back